Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,901
Posts557,099
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,416
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
10 members (esshup, Layne, Dylanfrely, nvcdl, H20fwler, Bing, Fishingadventure, Angler8689, Sunil, jpsdad), 709 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
All;

As you may already be aware, the Pond Boss Ambassador and Field Correspondent program is in full swing. Forum ID's reflect those who are engaged in helping spread the Pond Boss mission throughout the nation to pond owners, and I want to thank you for your involvement - I'm having a blast working with you!

I'd like to extend a request to everyone to consider involvement in the Pond Boss Ambassador and Field Correspondent program. Briefly I'll describe the impetus for the programs and provide a summary of each role and respective responsibilities.

Pond Boss is the world's foremost Pond Management resource and is responsible not only for helping many of us to develop and accomplish our pond construction projects, but also guides the ongoing management of our little slices of heaven. Personally, I owe all my pond management success to the guidance of the forum and magazine. The forum continues to be provided free of charge thanks to the blood and sweat of Mr. Lusk and Mr. Otto, and has saved me thousands of dollars in consulting fees and potential mistakes along the way. With that in mind, I want to help give something back for footing the bill and creating a special place for pondmeisters like us to educate one another and provide a unique opportunity for comraderie we all enjoy.

While I'm doing my best to increase the visibility of Pond Boss, results aren't instantaneous. We've implemented improvements to the forum and added free Pond Boss articles on the website, but a long list of projects remains. We're working on web design and adding new information, products and services available on the website. In the interim, the the Pond Boss Ambassador and Field Correspondent program are designed to raise awareness of the existence of Pond Boss as an useful resource for pond owners, just like us.

Pond Boss Ambassador Program:

The PBAP is designed for current Pond Boss subscribers to help raise awareness and introduce Pond Boss as a resource to future and existing pond owners. Bob and Gayle have designed top notch collateral materials, in the form of a tri-fold brochure, that provide an introdcution to Pond Boss, summarize our collective mission, and ultimately encourage folks to visit the forum and get a taste of what Pond Boss has to offer the pondmeister. These have been mailed to all participating PBAs for distribution.

What's our target audience? Ideal candidates include acreage neighbors, friends and family members who own ponds. However, thinking outside the box somewhat, I'm confident together we can identify new avenues to promote Pond Boss through the ambassador program. One idea is contacting local Tractor Supply and Orschlein locations in your geographic region and explaining that Pond Boss often helps promote their Fish Days. Thus far they've been open to having us attend and address their customers and introduce Pond Boss as a tremendous pond management information resource. Successful pond managers reinvest in fish stocking periodically, and we have made that abundantly clear in our conversations! This can serve as a nice symbiotic relationship and provides a great audience for us to address.

Free seminars provided by State DNR's and your local Purina pellet dealers are also great places to focus efforts on raising awareness of Pond Boss. Again, we're helping direct additional customers to these Purina dealers, so far they've been happy to keep brochures on hand and distribute to their fish pellet customers.

Pond Boss is working on a way to reward PBA's for their hard work and involvement. Free magazine subscriptions, free "inner circle" memberships on the website, free Pond Boss gear, or maybe even an annual trip to Lusk Lodge 2 are being discussed.

In regards to the Pond Boss Ambassador program, I humbly pose three requests:

First; consider hopping on board and helping us spread the word that is Pond Boss. We have a great core group of 32 established, but I know we can do more!

Second; please suggest some potential target audiences for us. We want to think outside the box here - we need to focus our efforts where pond owners are concentrated. We've outlined a few here - let's generate some more ideas together.

Third; while I know most of you don't need an incentive to help the Pond Boss mission - Bob and Mike want to do something to say thanks. What are your ideas regarding some kind of contest or reward program?

Pond Boss Field Correspondent Program:

The FCP consists of forum members who will write features focusing on a wide array of pond management topics. We'll help recruit new Pond Boss members by writing stories about their ponds and seeing them featured on the website. We'll provide an opportunity for you to share your experiences with Pond Boss through articles YOU write. We'll provide a new resource of information for Pond Boss members with features that might not otherwise fit the size or topic constraints of the magazine. Our efforts not only enrich the Pond Boss product with your unique pond managment perspective and observations, but it also helps further foster a strong sense of community by encouraging others to share their insights and experiences with the Pond Boss family.

We encourage FCs to visit area pond owners and offer to write a story about their pond. Essentially consider this the Pond Boss "Future Member Spotlight". The story will cover the impetus for the pond construction project, provide all details on the pond, and discuss the challenges and successes of the pond owner. The potential subscriber will be encouraged to read about his pond on the website, and the Pond Boss forum experts will offer solutions to the challenges he/she may be facing. Pond Boss, in all likelihood, gains a new subscriber. The new subscriber finds a great community full of information and knowledgable, friendly folks. The Field Correspondent gets to publish an article and has enjoys flexing his journalistic skills. All around it's a beneficial experience.

Let's dispel any fears you may have regarding your writing skills. We will be softly editing the articles, and bear in mind that writing improves with practice. In the end, this process is far more about passion and the willingness to get out there, gather details, and convey back to us. We'll edit where necessary and add the frills...

FYI - Bob also wants to reward FCs along the same lines of the PBAs.

We're all aware our community is unique in that it consists of intelligent, talented writers and knowledgeable pond managers. I want to encourage you to share your experiences with us all, and help provide Pond Boss as a resource for pondmeisters around the world. Please email myself and Gayle with your contact information [Name, forum handle, email address, physical address, phone] and indicate in which capacity you'd like to be involved. As always, feel free to give me a holler anytime with suggestions, questions, or concerns!

tjhudson@pondboss.com

gayle@pondboss.com

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
I'm nominating RAINMAN again!!!! No way you could go wrong with him... Just check some of his posts on this site!!!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
TJ -- your posting describes the program extremely well. Thanks. And, thank you for all your efforts. The website is looking better and better, which often doesn't happen when "improvements" are made.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
T
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
T
Great job/idea TJ!, you should have an email from me.

Fisheries Biologist
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks

"Success is often overlooked because it dresses up in overalls and disguises itself as work."
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
TJ

Great names unite! Received your email - I'll be responding in kind shortly. Thank you so much!

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Thanks to Dave and Joni Sefton - email sent! Welcome aboard!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
You da' man TJ!

Looking forward to being part of both programs.

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Thank you ------ for your willingness to hop on board. I think I just might be the only guy who knows your first name - and a herd of wild horses isn't dragging it outta me!

Boy are we ever recruiting some serious TALENT in this class - thanks to everyone! Perhaps we should march right on to DC and voice our demands? At the very least we have this year's national championship in the bag!

I am excited to get working together - and also getting some time on my ponds and your LAKE. You really have White Bass? Let's talk about that - you've got to write a story about their presense and role in your lake.

W
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
W
It's a real honor to be a part of this great community. Actually, I would say at least several dozen people on here know my real name, but considering the number of members we have, that's a very small percentage who do.

This is all extremely exciting! The knowledge base we have here is just incredible. Of course, we all know that, but there is a huge amount of people out there who have yet to find us. I can't wait to see the membership grow larger. It's just going to make this place even better!

I do indeed have White Bass, but only about 40 of them presently (pretty tiny population for a 12 acre pond). All were stocked as adults between 1-2.5 pounds. The WB are probably my favorite fish to catch, though it is rare to catch onein my pond, having so few present. They are amazing fighters, and I intend to stock about 200 more of them. I really don't see much downside to stocking them in ponds. It's unlikely they will pull off successful spawns in most ponds (though they likely will in mine due to the creeks and large windswept shores). I enjoy LMB fishing, but it's nice to go after something else from time to time. The typical LMB, BG, CC pond often gets pretty boring for me.

You'll definitely have to come out to the place sometime TJ. Lincoln, NE to Smithville, MO isn't too bad of a drive. I will have a cold beer waiting for you of course!

12 ac pond in NW Missouri. 28' max depth at full pool. Fish Present: LMB, BG, RES, YP, CC, WB, HSB, WE, BCP, WCP, GSH.
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
How does one sign up for the Ambassador program? I own a small country market in a rural area and would be happy to educate land/pond owners of the benefits. In fact, one of my regulars is the guy who constructed my pond (top notch excavator) - I'd be willing to talk with him about getting information to those building and looking at ponds.

I've also got three people I work with at my other job who have recently constructed ponds I could share the gospel with on this.

I subscribe!

1/3 Acre pond - Central, OH
Deepest point 11 ft.
Stocked with:
Hybrid Bluegill, Bluegill, Yellow Perch, Largemouth Bass, White Amur.
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Call the PB office and let them know.

Last edited by ewest; 10/20/10 01:50 PM.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Hi RC -

Great to hear, and welcome aboard! Eric's right, contact Gayle via email at gayle@pondboss.com or call 800.687.6075 and she'll let you know how to get registered and send you cool brochures that help spread the Pond Boss gospel to the poor lost souls of fellow pondmeisters!

If you have any trouble getting with Gayle, feel free to contact me ANYTIME 402.817.1123 or tjhudson@pondboss.com.

Thanks!

TJ

G
Fingerling
Fingerling
G
Hello!

Thanks for signing up for the Ambassador Program. We appreciate your support!

As I mentioned in my email to you, I'll be getting a packet out to you right away. You should receive next week.

Gayle Allston
Editorial Assistant
Pond Boss Magazine

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 06:23 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by Sunil - 03/28/24 05:33 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 04:23 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by ewest - 03/28/24 03:37 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Newly Uploaded Images