Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59
18,484 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,798
Members18,484
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,512
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
12 members (Knobber, shores41, Justin W, John Folchetti, Snipe, Sunil, FireIsHot, catscratch, Boondoggle, esshup, LeighAnn, canyoncreek), 960 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
I Wish

This topic I created to look in the dark world of profiles. They just seem so bland. I remember before the forum format changes, we could even have a pic in them, to liv'n them up a bit, but its not even that.

I wish I could click people's profiles and people could have their ponds listed and what size they are, and what they are used for and maybe even a snapshot of each pond. I know alot of that info is already said in places in the forum topics, but it gets lost and too much trouble to search at times.

I'm beaver boy, I lack the capability of search options, only looking for my next tree to gnaw on. People probably can't even fathom how someone could come up with such a crazy topic, with so little regard for the human lives I put at risk. But I blame it on the subzero weather.

To Dam or not to dam

That isn't even a question
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Beaver Boy
I'm beaver boy, I lack the capability of search options, only looking for my next tree to gnaw on.

and hopefully avoiding the next Conibear 330.

A lot of what you yearn for is found in (a few) signatures. Pond sizes, pictures, profound or profane Latin platitudes...

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I wouldn't mind being able to search for members by the state they live in. Maybe we can I just haven't found it yet???

Last edited by RC51; 01/05/10 04:15 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
RC51 try this link and look at CJ's map. Guys join in the map.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=152312&fpart=1

Last edited by ewest; 01/05/10 05:19 PM.

B
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
The more people that join, and more usernames that pass through here, the less I remember who is what and where is when and why.

As an example of the people that posted in this topic

I think Theo has a 5 acre and 1/2 acre pond
I don't recall RC51 and a pond
and Ewest I think has a 3.5 acre pond,
did I get any of that right?
I just know some things lack in the profile department, but maybe most people don't look at them anyways.

To Dam or not to dam

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I'm with you BB. I have the same handycap.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
No Beav, you didn't get it right on those pond stats.

Theo has no pond and we still don't know why he hangs around here.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Beav, there may be some who don't want some of that information as public as a profile would be. I mean, ultimately, if you do the research and the reading and everything, you can find out what members have, where they are, etc., but if that information is so readily available to anyone who has internet access, well, not sure everyone would be completely comfortable with that.

A side idea that I've seen at other forums relates to forum 'vets' so to speak. Ones that have shown they are frequent posters, respected long term members of the forum. For them they have a separate forum, hidden from the public or even members who have not been 'invited' or earned the right to be a part of this 'exclusive' group. For those members who have been around a while and proved to be a positive contribution/asset to the forum, they could possibly have something, like a quick reference thing available to them. That would be very cool and potentially helpful as well, depending on how much information is allowed and provided. I don't think there are so many members right now that we get overrun around here, but in the future, as the industry's popularity grows, who knows. Might be something to consider in the future.

B
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
true, I understand about such concerns, but I'm not saying it would be a requirement to be a member of this forum. I'm sure there are some on here that want to keep private, but if they have put the information in a forum topic, it has already become public. Determined people like jhap will find such info, since he wants to infest our ponds with green sunfish. So I'm sure diabolical people already have charts and spreadsheets on all of us and every fact we have shared.

To Dam or not to dam

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Too Funny!!! Theo I thought you had a pond?? What's up with that?

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
true, I understand about such concerns, but I'm not saying it would be a requirement to be a member of this forum. I'm sure there are some on here that want to keep private, but if they have put the information in a forum topic, it has already become public. Determined people like jhap will find such info, since he wants to infest our ponds with green sunfish. So I'm sure diabolical people already have charts and spreadsheets on all of us and every fact we have shared.

Oh, like I said, people can find out what they want to find out by doing their research. Same as they could over any road on the internet, but it would be far too easy for them if we had something like a quick reference guide stating how many ponds, what was in them, where they were, etc. Anyone, like the kids who potentially might be threatening my borders, could come on here and find out what is in my pond. I understand that's a long shot, but it's the internet and too many people know how to use it.

I am attempting to find middle ground between those of us who wouldn't want that information readily available to anyone and everyone and those of you who would like to have a quick reference of sorts, that you can easily find what people have to better target those who might be more qualified to answer your questions or simply because you're curious. I agree, it would be fascinating to see everyone's accomplishments in an easy to read format. But I also think there is integrity in keeping that, somewhat anyway, to themselves. Just like having a username like Beaver Boy instead of your real name. A degree of anonymity, even if you're very close to a number of the members.

Hope that makes sense. Man, that was a ramble.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
IIRC the old software did have a by state function. I am not sure any of us know what all the current program will do.

A
Lunker
Lunker
A
I put mine on the map as best as I could.

But, if you're curious, I'm in Athens, GA and I have a pond that fluctuates between about 3.5 and 5 acres depending upon how much rain we've had - which has been a lot lately. I'd say my pond is about 4.5 acres right now and the average depth is about 4.5 inches since so much of my surface area just barely covers the weeds and the flood plain.

Got LMB, BG, and black crappie and if any of y'all here wanna come and fish, just let me know!

And, Al Davison is my real name. ;\)

Last edited by Al Davison; 01/06/10 02:19 PM.

If you're too scared to throw that bait where the fish are, why did you tie it on?
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
 Originally Posted By: Al Davison
average depth is about 4.5 inches

Got LMB, BG, and black crappie and if any of y'all here wanna come and fish, just let me know!

Just a good pair of boots and you have access to the entire pond!

Just joshin ya...

And, Al Davison is my real name. ;\)

Josh is my real name. ;\)

B
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
B
 Quote:
And, Al Davison is my real name.

Quote:
IIRC the old software did have a by state function. I am not sure any of us know what all the current program will do.

haha, just for the record, beaver boy isn't my real name. I recall I was in the process of changing my names alot before the software forum switch. I'm just glad I didn't get stuck with my Theo Gallus. name when I was being a clone of him. I recall that state thing, that was pretty cool, too. I'm sure new software has alot of things it could do, but I also understand it probably takes alot of time to mess with it.

To Dam or not to dam

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Speaking of location, I just realized you were West Iowa Beaver Boy. Where at exactly? Didn't see you on CJ's map, unless I just missed it.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
I'm just glad I didn't get stuck with my Theo Gallus. name when I was being a clone of him.

That specific feeling is more common than you might imagine.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Thanks EWEST for the map. That is very cool. Seems I am the only one on it in Arkansas that stinks!!! But it's still cool.

Thanks,

Last edited by RC51; 01/06/10 03:27 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: RC51
...Seems I am the only one on it in Arkansas that stinks!!! But it's still cool.

Thanks,

You might wanna re-word that one, RC.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Re-word? Ok It would seem I am the only one on the map that's in Arkansas at the moment. That sucks!! But it's still cool. Is that better??? LOL

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
 Originally Posted By: RC51
...Seems I am the only one on it in Arkansas that stinks!!! But it's still cool.

Thanks,

You might wanna re-word that one, RC.

I LOLed.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I am glad I could humor you guys!!! \:\)

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Reminded me of JHAP's dangling....uuh..participle.

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Was that a dangling participle? I thought it was just a comma or a semi-colon!!!

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bing! You're killin' me! \:D

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts