Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Purplepiggies7, BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver
18,506 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,967
Posts558,030
Members18,507
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,544
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
8 members (esshup, Bobbss, Joe7328, Ibanez540r, Freunb02, FishinRod, JoshMI, papereater), 887 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Well, looks like it is happening this week, maybe Tuesday if no percipittion is in the forecast.

Of course my camera came back from repair, and still does not turn on. I have a camera on my new phone, but don't know how to use it, guess it is time to learn. Ken Grand reports today approx. 100 large carp all near the storm drain inlet (he thinks they are trying to get in there for warmth) at the beach access site. I e-mailed the Board Pres. and suggested they put the chemical in the drains for an effective fish kill here. Hope they do.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Take some pictures. Really.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Lynda I'll be happy to post your pictures if you can email them to me.

What if there is ice on the pond? \:o

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
If the fish kill is tomorrow, I'll ask Margaret if I can borrow her camera, as she will work (she works one day a week). If I can't get it, I'll try this camera phone. I see rain is in the forecast for Wed., so who knows if they will do it. I see ice only at my frontage, out about 20 feet, very thin ice. It takes a while to freeze here because of the wind/wave action.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Let's hope they do it! At such cold water temperatures, the rotenone is toxic for a long time, and hopefully you'll get a complete kill this time!

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Well, it has been canceled because of a storm prediction on Wed. But they have to get it done by 12/31. The outflow has to be shut off, law requires postponement if rain/snow in the forecast. Now that we know these carp are seeking refuge in the storm drains, I wrote to board pres. and suggested they treat the drains. We don't want the fish dying in there, believe me. So they should target those drains first to make the fish go out into the lake, right?
The biologist only expected a few carp, there are lots, of BIG ONES. The survey was inaccurate as to the number of carp in the lake. However, the lake was neon green productive when they did it, and they did the whole lake, till 3:00 a.m., I was out there. (OK, they were young and cute.)
There were also more suckers than picked up in the survey. Other than that the survey was good.
Good news is that my camera works. Turns out the sticker on which way the batteries go in is backwards. The original battery was an enclosed unit that could only go in one way. You have to believe me, I am not a dumb blond! In fact, I'm getting hooked with up with an IPod for X-mas with Bose speakers. I can text message too now.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Yeah, the storm that's coming is supposed to be a good one, followed by some very cold temps. Here they are calling for 1"-2" of snow turning to rain, turning to ice, then back to snow followed by temps near or below zero.

I sure hope they can get it killed this year, I'd hate for them to have to go thru the permit process again next Spring and delay the kill all over again. It would be a good idea to treat the storm drains first to chase the fish out to the main body of water. If they have to block up the outflow, do they have to do the same to the inflow while the kill is taking place?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: 2catmom
In fact, I'm getting hooked with up with an IPod for X-mas with Bose speakers. I can text message too now.

Not me. With my eyes, I have to look real closely into the speakers to see the text.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Does your hair get blown back as you try to read the speaker text ? \:D

Lunker
Lunker
It provides a lot of lift.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Essup:
There is no inflow, just street storm drains and strong springs. I think treating the drains first is the right way to go too, flush them out like the cockroach fish that they are. Boy I have come a long way, from wanting to save the fish to kill them dead!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
\:D

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
2catmom Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
OK, WE ARE BACK ON FOR TOMORROW, TUES., MY CAMERA IS WORKING, WILL SHOW THEM A MAP OF HOW FAR THESE DRAINS GO, THEY BETTER TREAT THE DRAINS OR I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. PERHAPS WE CAN DO A DOUBLE WHAMMY AS THE CITY SHUTS OFF THE VALVE, THEY CAN ALSO BE ADVISED THAT THESE DARN DRAINS NEED TO BE VACUUMED OUT, DEAD FISH IN THERE ALL WINTER? YUCK.......... THE DRAINS GO QUITE FAR. I HAVE ALREADY GRABBED 2 STREETS & DRAINS WORKERS, SHOWED THEM MY STORM DRAIN INLET AND MY APPLIED PROJECT INFO BOARDS. THEN, I FOLLOWED A VAC TRUCK INTO THE YARD THE NEXT DAY AND GAVE THOSE GUYS MY CARDS AND SPEECH. NONE OF THESE GUYS RUN THE VAC TRUCK THOUGH. OUR FORMER CONTACTS HAVE MOVED ON, AND I THINK THE BOARD HAS NOT GOTTEN THE DRAIN CLEANING SCHEDULE HAMMERED DOWN. THE DRAINS ARE PACKED WITH LEAVES/STEMS. AND OF COURSE THE CITY IS BROKE.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
That's good news. Lets see some pics this time around!!!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
Oxygenator equipment advice
by esshup - 04/29/24 05:40 PM
Do fish help with clarity?
by esshup - 04/29/24 05:38 PM
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/29/24 05:35 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Augie - 04/29/24 02:51 PM
Where it all started 1 year ago today
by Boondoggle - 04/29/24 12:07 PM
Alum kicks clay's butt....again!!!
by Boondoggle - 04/29/24 12:01 PM
American Feeder H 125 Fish Feeder
by jludwig - 04/29/24 11:58 AM
instant email notifications of post replies ?
by jludwig - 04/29/24 11:54 AM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by canyoncreek - 04/29/24 09:19 AM
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by FishinRod - 04/29/24 09:14 AM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by teehjaeh57 - 04/27/24 10:51 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday