Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,951
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
8 members (Bill Cody, Rick O, Willowwood, Augie, Shorthose, KenHorton, Theo Gallus, rjackson), 1,047 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Thank you all for the hospitality that was shared in Branson.My wife was impressed.She also confirmed your all nuts. \:D
She is going to sign up and post some pics taken while we were there. \:\)
From Mrs. TomG I posted a Pond Boss III album on my Facebook and put it with public access Still learning how to use the Facebook. Had a great time.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
TJ, the more I look at that picture, the more you look like a losing football coach in it.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
As my Aunt used to say, "looks like he just ate a pickle.".

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
LIke past PB conference it went quickly. We just got back late last night. We stayed an extra day to tak Wyatt to Silver Dollar City it was a blast for him to ride his first roller coaster. He misses his new "girlfriend" Mae Herman already. The boy has a good eye she is a cutey. I missed to talking to some of you but only myself to blame.

Now onto helping clients best we can with flooded lakes. Randy honestly thought I about you I was afraid worse than that for you. Fairfield Plantation in Carrollton, GA not far from your pond had some major damage. Few unfortunate killed in the area as well, pray for their families. The feeder should be fine. Ok gotta go helpout. Keep pics coming.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: TOM G
Thank you all for the hospitality that was shared in Branson.My wife was impressed.She also confirmed your all nuts. \:D
She is going to sign up and post some pics taken while we were there. \:\)
From Mrs. TomG I posted a Pond Boss III album on my Facebook and put it with public access Still learning how to use the Facebook. Had a great time.

With you as her main comparison, us being nuts is a very scary thought indeed! \:o \:o

Thanks for the laughs and dynamite on the door handle. 2catmom asked me if by cance it was real before she removed hers. \:\)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
The ginger-cookie lady avoided my room the first night surely because there was as stick of dynamite wedged in the door handle.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
The ginger-cookie lady

How does she compare with Howard the Jamaican van driver?

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Well, she seems to be more of a voyeur according to Ted & Terri Lea.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
There are a lot more pics out there. We have not heard from the PB in-house crew and they took a bunch of pics. So did others. For example I have not looked at Ruth's pics but will.

Dwight tell Gail there are a lot of the PB family who both understand and appreciate that thought and you guys. That is one of the amazing things about this group - we accept people as they are and genuinely like them , unconditionally. Like a family caring for each other. All types and personalities with a common bond. While waters are the nexus the bond is friendship.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Dwight wrote: "Oddly, she thought Sunil and Dave Davidson are very cute."

It was the beard no doubt.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
At this point all I can say is WOW! Once the clouds in my brain clear somewhat I should be able to post some stories. I wish now I had kept notes of all the funny events that occurred, I'm sure I'll remember a few. I took quite a few photos, I just copied them to my computer, I need to resize them and then I'll post them.

We renewed existing friendships and made new friends, it truly is the people that make the conference. I am sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye to many folks in person and I also regret that we did not stage a forum members photo (what were we thinking?). Still I have many great photos and I'll get to work on them and post them.

We missed those would could not attend. This event is a must do affair, we feel very fortunate to have been able to attend. This is a highlight in what has been a difficult year for Ricki and I. We arrived home with high spirits, rejuvenated, and with a renewed faith in all that is good in life. Thank you to all that spent time with Ricki and I, it was our utmost pleasure to spend time with you.

Ok enough seriousness, time to sort and resize photos, more to follow.....

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
The ginger-cookie lady avoided my room the first night surely because there was as stick of dynamite wedged in the door handle.

Now I DO remember the ginger bread man cookies...at least the crumbs I found in my sheets the morning after. Were they good?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Dwight wrote: "Oddly, she thought Sunil and Dave Davidson are very cute."

It was the beard no doubt.

Davidson had a beard?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
The ginger-cookie lady

How does she compare with Howard the Jamaican van driver?

To explain to non-attendees, the "cookie lady" was this little old lady who would bring a bag of Big Cedar Lodge ginger snaps to your room every evening, IF you believed in her. I guess they were good cookies, if you like ginger snaps.

Condello never got any cookies. I accused him of not believing in the cookie lady and asked if he believed in the tooth fairy. He said he only believed in the tooth fairy because he gets a commission.

OTOH, EVERYONE in the Arlington shuttle believed in Howard, just not in his ability to drive well.

-S. M. Stirling
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
I saw the cookie lady every day we were there,and was forced to watch my wife eat everyone of them with her evening cup of coffee(which she made special just to eat the cookies with) .Personally,I dont think she shares well when it comes to cookies. Also,Im probably dead meat when she reads this post.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ah yes, but you've been dead meat for a long time now, my friend!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I don't have a beard. I'm just cute. I must be because I've reached that age when Waitresses call me "Hon". That's probably short for hunk.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Back on page 3, I mentioned the light misting we got here is W GA.
My pond level rose to 2' above the dock.

There was debris on top of the arm rest on the lawn chair. The water was 2' up into the feeder and a lot of food was wet. I got it out yesterday (thanks for the advise) and cleaned it, but probably not thorough enough. It didn't work yesterday, but I'll try again today. Haven't checked the BOJO light yet, but I think it will be ok.

Just do it...
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
TJ, Matt, David & Esshup, thanks for the advise.

Just do it...
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Pond Boss Conference 3, from JHAP’s perspective

I shall begin at the beginning as it seems like an appropriate place to start. I’ll break my conference coverage into several posts, roughly separated by subject matter.

Bob & Debbie Lusk graciously invited us to fly in to Dallas on Tuesday and spend the evening at the Lusk Lodge 2. Who could pass up such an invitation? Bob picked up JWHAP and I at the airport and took us to “Uncle Buck’s Restaurant” that is attached to the Bass Pro Shop in the Dallas area. We had a wonderful lunch with Bob (both the meal and the company) and then headed into the Bass Pro Shop. Bob wanted to pick up some tournament bags to hold the fish to be weighed in, and a few miscellaneous other items.

When we approached the checkout line we stopped at the magazine rack. We found Pond Boss Magazine and Bob picked one up and carried it to the cashier. When the cashier picked up the magazine Bob asked the clerk “Do you sell many of these magazines?” The cashier being rather uninterested replied “I don’t know, we sell a lot of magazines.” Bob then asked “How much is this magazine?” To which the clerk replied “$6.50.” Bob then said “Six and a half bucks! I hope it’s worth it” and Bob then turned and winked to Ricki and I. The clerk never noticed what was going on. I wanted to open the magazine to Bob’s photo inside the front cover and set in on the counter but decided that sometimes the best jokes are inside jokes.

We then headed on to Lusk Lodge 2. For those who have never been to Bob and Debbie’s home, let me just say that photos cannot do this home justice. It is absolutely beautiful!

This is a photo standing in the living room looking past the dinning room into the kitchen, we shared several meals with Bob and Debbie at this table and on the final evening (after the conference) were joined by Scott Tucker from Austrilia, who is a fascinating individual.

Our accommodations were upstairs in their daughter’s room. It is a very beautifully decorated room that has a door that opens and looks out over the kitchen area, a very cool feature! In fact if you look at the photo above you can see where the door opens, it is in the center of the above photo, at the top, where the iron railing is. This beautiful staircase shown below winds it’s way to the upstairs at the Lusk Lodge 2.

As many of you know we lost our beloved cat “Conan” a couple of years back. Ricki found Debbie’s cat “TJ” and instantly fell in love. “TJ” is very affectionate and I really enjoyed his company. Here’s Ricki and TJ…

Bob wanted to drive his “Manly Dodge Truck” to the conference and tow his shock boat. He asked us to drive Debbie’s Jeep to the conference. We filled both with conference supplies, and all of our luggage. It rained during the entire drive from Lusk Lodge 2 to Branson. It was a beautiful six and a half hour trip, the scenery along the way is breathtaking. Here’s a photo of us following Bob..

To conclude this part of the story let me just say this. Bob and Debbie Lusk are two incredible individuals. They welcomed us into their home and made us feel like part of the family. They have an abundance of love to share and they do so very willingly. We feel truly blessed to know them.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
T
Fingerling
Fingerling
T
This is supposed to be the link to my Facebook Pond Boss III album...if it doesn't work you should be able to look it up under Sherry Goodenough on Facebook in Dawson, TX.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=59089&l=3f3990d2fb&id=100000205771225

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Wow @ the wood and rock in Bob's place.

T
Fingerling
Fingerling
T
Ok so I'm still learning the first link is only to one pictures lets try again. LOL
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5079&id=100000205771225&l=9b49de500c

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
 Originally Posted By: TomG'sBetterHalf
Ok so I'm still learning the first link is only to one pictures lets try again. LOL
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5079&id=100000205771225&l=9b49de500c

It's alright, if you click 'Photo Album' near the top it'll go to the thumb version and you can select the first picture and then pan your way through the rest. Nice album and pics. Like the dynamite. \:D

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Welcome, "TomG'sBetterHalf" - a more accurate handle has not yet been used on the Forum.

-S. M. Stirling
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Prayers needed
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 11:24 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build