Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,120
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
11 members (jbird5986, Sunil, Justin W, Bing, Boondoggle, bstone261, DenaTroyer, Theo Gallus, Shorthose, Freg, Fishingadventure), 878 guests, and 193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Oh, Bski's Pondapalooza I and II presentations ran on screen at the Mod's booth for a couple of hours this morning and were big hits.

Otto was impressed that both sound and pictures can run simultaneously.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Actually it's a great conference, but there virtually no information on parachute jumping into abandoned wells.

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
 Originally Posted By: Barnes1
I'm at the conference, but nobody will talk to me.

Me neither, Roomie.

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
Wish I was there...y'all better have fun!

E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
More pics

We sold all of the George flies we had and all the SDSU hats and PB III tshirts. B'ski's Pondaplooooooza slide show was a big hit.

Aaron Matos and Dr. Darren Simon

JHAP, N8ly, and Beazer

???, Lusk

Robert Chandler (Bill Dance's son in law) with Bill Dance Signature Lakes, Eric Kraus
Rainman, Todd Overton

SDSU Grad Student Brain Trust

Dirt Expert Panel: Mongo, (Michael Gray), Mike Otto

Last edited by ewest; 09/21/09 08:19 PM.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Thanks for the pics, ewest. Hopefully this is my first (and ONLY) missed conference.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Lunker
Lunker
good stuff.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well the only event left is the final conference banquet and the post banquet consumption of adult beverages at the local watering hole. Hopefully this meal will be 100% explosive free. We've missed all those that could not attend, we shall raise our glass to you this evening in hopes that you will be able to enjoy next year's conference.

The location has been beautiful, the information plentyful, but truly it is the time spend with friends that I have enjoyed the most. Pond Boss is a family and being here again reinforces this feeling once again. It has reminded me how truly blessed we are to have such an outstanding group of pond nuts gather together to share our passion for ponds and out of this common interest we have all become an extended family. The only cloud to darken this event is the realization that after tonight I will not see these wonderful folks until the next conference.

But no time for sadness, time to get ready to enjoy the dinner and the post dinner antics.

Fear not fellow forum members, for those that could not attend we shall share the stories and the photographic evidence of this wonderful event.

And trust me, there are stories to be told and photographic evidence to be posted..........

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Leaving Big Cedar now having made a lot of new friends and also having much strengthened existing frienships.

(Note to self: When booking a room for next year's conference, specifically request not to be in a room next to TOM G. Your liver will thank you and you will be less exposed to potential death or disfigurement by dynamite.)

See you next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
davatsa we wish you were here. FYI my talk on structure included pics from your ponds provided by your dad ( Al - ahvatsa ) and was dedicated to him. At dinner Bob recognized him and noted we were missing Al a family member but celebrated his life.

Much more over the next few days.

Last edited by ewest; 10/01/09 05:03 PM.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
 Originally Posted By: ewest
davatsa we wish you were here. FYI my talk on structure included pics from your ponds provided by your dad ( Al - ahvatsa ) and was dedicated to him. At dinner Bob recognized him and noted we were missing at a family member but celebrated his life.

Much more over the next few days.

What a great gesture! I wish I could've been there to witness your structure presentation and Bob's announcement, but just hearing about it means the world to me. Pond Boss is no doubt a family, and I'm proud to be part of it.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Just got home without my luggage.

DELTA really does stand for Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Well the only event left is the final conference banquet and the post banquet consumption of adult beverages at the local watering hole. Hopefully this meal will be 100% explosive free. We've missed all those that could not attend, we shall raise our glass to you this evening in hopes that you will be able to enjoy next year's conference.

The location has been beautiful, the information plentyful, but truly it is the time spend with friends that I have enjoyed the most. Pond Boss is a family and being here again reinforces this feeling once again. It has reminded me how truly blessed we are to have such an outstanding group of pond nuts gather together to share our passion for ponds and out of this common interest we have all become an extended family. The only cloud to darken this event is the realization that after tonight I will not see these wonderful folks until the next conference.

But no time for sadness, time to get ready to enjoy the dinner and the post dinner antics.

Fear not fellow forum members, for those that could not attend we shall share the stories and the photographic evidence of this wonderful event.

And trust me, there are stories to be told and photographic evidence to be posted..........

JHAP is really getting serious in his old age. Before we started eating last night, he got up with the microphone and addressed the group. He did a fantastic job of expressing the thoughts of everyone, and also providing a very well presented "thank you" to Bob, Mike Otto, the Pond Boss staff, and the moderators.

Thank you JHAP.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
Just got home without my luggage.

DELTA really does stand for Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive.

We headed the opposite direction from home, and are now in Edmond, OK at our son's and DIL's home. We set the GPS on "shortest route." It took us over the back roads of Missouri, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, including about 2 hours on Route 66. Neat trip. Dave D's jumping worms are still alive in the back seat of our car, and we've still got our luggage.

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
1. Bob, Bob's staff, Mike and family ALL deserve our hearty thanks. I sincerely hope that attendance was sufficient for the meeting to be a success for them! I don't know if anyone else reported it, but that first morning with a show of hands, it looked like at least 60-70% of the attendees were first-timers! I visited with a couple from Michigan who came because it was "close" to them. :-) I visited with an outdoor writer from Miami, FL, who also has a pond in TN. He came all the way from FL because he had heard it might be a good source of stories. \:\) He said he had about 40 stories the last time we spoke. I don't know about the moderators, but because I was wearing a Pond Boss shirt, I constantly had people coming up to me and asking me to be sure that Bob understood their appreciation.

2. Sunil, I'm just darn glad you made it home on the darn airlines, buddy!! \:\)

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Dave, Sunil,

Glad you guys made it home!

My wearing a speaker's ribbon and PondBoss shirt was quite an honor! Like you Dave, I had a lot of people express their thanks to Bob and the rest of the PB staff for such a great job! Even the skunks in the bar axpressed their thanks for the extra food left behind after the demo feeders were emptied. It was quite a site to see 4 wild skunks wandering between the feet of dozens of people and not get a blast of odor!

BTW Sunil, thanks for the new luggage!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
"BTW Sunil, thanks for the new luggage!"

You are very welcome, my friend! But a word of advice.....the boxer shorts will only last another (87) months before they simply wisp away.

I guess I should also caution you to wash them.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: Sunil
"BTW Sunil, thanks for the new luggage!"

You are very welcome, my friend! But a word of advice.....the boxer shorts will only last another (87) months before they simply wisp away.

I guess I should also caution you to wash them.

Great!!!!

I was HOPING the odor was because you actually CAUGHT one of the skunks! \:D \:D

Last edited by Rainman; 09/20/09 08:37 PM.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
The SKUNKS! Someone else saw those too? I thought it was just another hallucination.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
 Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
The SKUNKS! Someone else saw those too? I thought it was just another hallucination.

What exactly was in the drinks they were serving there?

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
CJ, while many of us were at the Buzzard Lounge at Big Cedar enjoying adult beverages and conversations, no less than 4 wild skunks appeared and ate food amongst the dozens of patrons. One skunk even went indoors at one point. While all of us were a little concerned at first, the skunks were right at home. They would avoid touching any people, and MOST of us avoided touching them. AaronM took many pictures and may have gotten one were I petted the skunk as it walked by my feet were I was sitting. The most surprising thing was the skunks had absolutely no odor and never once did they begin to raise a tail. It is a nightly ritual there. One really friendly skunk was all white with only a small black patch on it's head. You just had to be there to see just how cool it really was!

I asked the assistant director of operations if anyone had ever been sprayed and he told methat no guests and only one employee had ever gotten a squirt. He said an intern grabbed one by the tail to yank it out of the way. They roamed all over the grounds, avoiding actual contact with anyone cleaning up small scraps of food.

Last edited by Rainman; 09/21/09 01:53 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Well, by all reports it sounds as if PBC III came off without a hitch. Us "no-shows" will have to carry on with a heavy heart, but the forum will be the medicine we need to heal.
-
Now...let's have one of those "the Sunil we get to the bar, the Sunil we can get this show on the road" stories.

E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
B'ski - a big thank you for the CD (Pondaploooooza) I and II. It was a big hit and drew a lot of Ohhhhs , Ahhhs and wows. Even Otto knew the music. Thanks.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Glad it worked out good, Ewest. Yous guysez are v welcome.

E
ewest Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I was real glad Bruce did not bring his angling equipment to the B bar and attempt to do a creel survey on the furry rodents. I could just see a small french fry on a 1/16 oz jig and light line --- can you envision the utter chaos when he set the hook. \:o - -

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
pond experience needed
by jbird5986 - 03/29/24 07:35 AM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Sunil - 03/29/24 07:31 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Boondoggle - 03/29/24 07:18 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday