Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
5 members (AlexJ, BCR Pond, Rick O, Pat Williamson, Bruno616), 727 guests, and 195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Bob, what's your last name if you don't mind me asking? Or another name they would know you by, like Uncle Bob or something? I'm going to send a message on Caring Bridge and wanted to mention you and PondBoss.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Signed his guestbook...

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Omaha I am so sorry to not get back to you with the info, busy weekend and I didn't get online until actually now so that I could post a update from Matt's dad Bob Hernan. Uncle is good enough and I think they will know who its from, My last name is Eades, I don't mind saying as far as I know nobody is looking for me \:\)
Sounds like he had a good time and we hope to have them over at Christmas if Matt is ok to travel here, and his busy schedule is open.

ello, This Bob. Matt had a wonderful birthday at the UMKC Roo's basketball game. The team showed him love all the players and coaches lined up on the court and fist bumped Matt and told him happy birthday. He was very excited about that.. We then set down to watched the game. A good effort but just came up short. We then went to Gates BBQ, Matt and the Hernan families favorite BBQ here in KC, they have the best BBQ turkey in town... Matt enjoyed his day, and can't wait for the next Roo's game.. Thank you Doug Hall and friends of Jaclyn .. We also were bless to receive a stair lift from Nonnie and papa and her great friend Scott. Scott your area very special person. We can't wait to meet you in person, maybe this summer, thank you for all you do for Matt. Thank you does not seem enough, we are honored to have you involved in Matt's life... Thank you Jeff for all you have done..We also went to the Children's Mercy Hemo/oncology Christmas Party at the Marriott Downtown KC. Matt enjoyed the food , entertainment and the present , thank you Laura, Victoria. I would like to thank all that have made this time of year a festive one and have helped our family enjoy the holidays, we have been blessed by so many and are looking forward to being able to pay it forward. We could not have asked for more wonderful friends, family and wonderful souls whom have touched our lives. Thank you all. we will always keep you in our hearts, minds and souls. Thank you for you compassion, love, thoughtfulness and just being there. Thank you for Making Matt happy and able to move forward in his recovery. With all that you have done it does make a differance. Thanks for your love, prayers.. God has heard you. God has blessed Matt as well as us. GOD bless you all. Bob

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
No problem at all Bob and thanks for the update.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Omaha thanks for the message you posted for Matt. A very good deed.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Yes thank you! I forgot to thank you when you posted the message.

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
 Originally Posted By: trialsguy
Yes thank you! I forgot to thank you when you posted the message.

It was my pleasure. Two fold. First, wishing such a wonderful young man a birthday wish and two, doing it on behalf of this great group here. Your family's story has been inspiring, to say the least Bob, and I can't thank you enough for including us 'strangers', letting us be a small part of it. I get regular emails from friends and relatives asking how he's doing, so it's awesome to know I'm not the only one touched by his courage and his family's determination.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
There has been a update and they are waiting to get a mri. Matt is having trouble with his eyes and they need see whats going on and check to see if surgery would be a option, We hope to have the family over to the house this weekend, hopefully the weather will cooperate this week. I will post a update when I get to the house,

As always thanks everyone for thinking of Matt and his family

Bob

A little snow, Please!
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Trialsguy,

Sorry to here Matt is having some problems. We will keep praying for him and hope everything will be ok. Tell the family Lauri and I said hey ok, and wish them all the best.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Thanks as always for the update Bob and let us know, if you would, how the MRI goes. I still get the updates but it's nice to get them from you too. ;\)

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Prayers are still coming.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
From here also. Good luck and God's speed.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I reread most of this thread and it still will generate thoughts and prayers. It shows what we--pond boss people -- can do and that we love to help others. We must learn to ask if we desire to receive. My desire is to help others and not receive at this time. But I still need prayers. We NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS organization send our prayers and love.

paul weatherholt
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Paul, how is Shane?

Just do it...
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Mom Update

Thanks to everyone who has checked to see about Matt's MRI. Unfortunately we couldn't and didn't want to get him out in this cold, snowy, windy, etc... weather. His MRI will be rescheduled for a day next week.

Matt is really having trouble seeing now. Both eye lids are almost closed. We are praying and hoping the surgery scheduled for Jan 28th to fix his right eye lid, that the Doctor will fix his left eye lid too. It is supposed to be an Out-patient surgery. Please keep him in your prayers. Matt has had a couple of "melt downs" the last few days. He's scared. (He would be upset too, to know that I am posting that).

Yesterday we received a Christmas Package from Grandma Bernice and Grandpa Gale, one of the gifts is a daily calendar "BLESSINGS AND PRAYERS for the FAMILY" ~ THANK YOU - PERFECT TIMING!

January 6th Prayer:

Lord...give me the gift of faith to be renewed and shared with others each day. Teach me to live this moment only, looking neither to the past with regret, nor the future with apprehension. Let LOVE be my aim and my life a prayer.
(by Roseann Alexander-Isham)

Now some good news...Nonnie (my mom - Matt & Emileigh's grandma) is retiring! She is looking forward to spending time with Matthew and being with us! YAHOO! We are all excited!

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan's for MATTHEW ROBERT HERNAN - ONE AMAZING, STRONG WILLED, DETERMINED AND LOVING SON & BROTHER!

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
well its been a day or two since we or I have posted. Mom sent a update so I thought I would pass it along. But first finally the weather has cooperated so that we can have our family holiday get together at the house we are looking forward to having Matt and family over. Matt had his MRI today please pray that it comes back with good news....Here is moms updat....

Today is Matt's MRI at 2:00! Please pray - light a cancle, send positive thoughts and energy his way!

Want to share a couple of things: today the bible scripture/verse I read - Is perfect for today!

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Yesterday Matt received a VERY SPECIAL GIFT from our friend in Tucson ~Lisa Nickerson and her family! A cross made by a 12 year old boy, Camden. Here is what the card attached read:

My name is Camden, I'm 12 years old, this is my testimony.

When I was 5, I had a brain tumor and under went brain surgery. During that time I turned to God for comfort.
Psalms 91, 'He took me under his wings and covered me
with his feathers'
GOD HEALED ME!
Now my dad and I make these crosses for God's Glory. God has blessed us and we wnt to pass the blessings to you.
God Bless, Camden

Let me say - 1st, thank you Lisa and family. Your timing was perfect in sending the Cross. 2nd, I started reading the card to Matt and couldn't finish (I was so touched and emotional) Emileigh finished reading it to Matt. 3rd, the feeling in Matt's room was unexplainable - a peace and understanding touched all 4 of us. The card Lisa sent was the story of 'Footprints in the Sand' - Bob or Matt neither one had heard this before. The messages we received yesterday were touching and meaningful! Thank You!
Matt wanted the Cross to hang on the wall in front of him so he can always see it. Bob immediately hung it. In the next day or 2 I will take a picture of Matt with it and post it.

Peace ~ Light ~ Love, The Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Let us know how it goes.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Well things didnt go too smooth. Matt had a very hard time remaining still and couldnt get the MRI completed, They will give it another try soon. First time for Matt to have trouble with the MRI. We are still praying...

We had a great time today with Matt and his family over today at our family get together. Him Bob and Shari are very inspiring how they stay positive and take care of things that need to be done. It was a great time and was sad to see them have to go.

A little snow, Please!
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Thanks for the update we will continue to pray for him.

take a kid fishing the first catch creates a life long fisherman. (my dad)
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Still no MRI Matt has indicated that he is afraid at what they might find so needless to say he is very active when he needs to remain still. Mom Posted a update I will copy it here.

Again the MRI didn't happen. Matthew couldn't or (possibly wouldn't) be still. So, to try again Matt has to be sedated. At first Radiology told Bob they couldn't get Matt in again until March 12th. I found that totally unacceptable, especially since Matt was supposed to have eye surgery on January 28th and one of the reasons for the MRI is because of Matt's left eye lid closing.
Matt's MRI is now January 27th at noon. Surgery has been postponed and he will be seen by the Opthamologist and Surgeon on February 8th to talk over doing surgery for both eyes at the same time. Matt had confided in Nonnie and me, he was afraid to have another MRI because he was afraid of the results. I tried to comfort him, told him "whatever we found out, we will deal with it and do what is best for him and what he wants to do"! Also, to pray and reminded him of the verse:
Isaiah 41:10 ~ So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Tomorrow Matt has an appointment with Dr. Lewing/Oncologist to make sure Matt can be sedated for the MRI. Also, we want to talk about Matt doing WATER Therapy because he is at a wall with Physical Therapy, his left arm and leg are stiff and difficult to work with and the Therapist aren't seeing progress. He does have an appointment to have Botox again. He had Botox before he left the hospital, but there is a waiting period between shots.

We found out today, good news, Matt will be getting his COMMUNICATION DEVICE this week! This will remove A LOT of STRESS for Matt trying to talk to us and us trying to understand!

Thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

Peace, Light & Love, Shari for the Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Bumping up the latest info from Mom, Still no word and probably wont find out about the MRI from today if they were able to complete it or not but here is mom's update.

Today Matt has an MRI at NOON. We have to have him at Children's Mercy downtown at 11:00 am. This time Matt will be sedated. Our prayer request(s); that sedation will keep Matt still, that the MRI will show us why Matt's left eye lid is closing, to help us with strength, patience and understanding, and... MOST OF ALL...THAT THE TUMOR HAS NOT GROWN! A MIRACLE for MATT!

We appreciate all of you, for your love & prayers.

peace - light & love, Shari for the Hernan's

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Still praying for him and the family.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Still in our prayers. It's been a bumpy road.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Continued prayers Bob.

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Thanks for the updates. I'll be thinking about Matt today and praying for the best.

Just do it...
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM