Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts558,003
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
6 members (Snipe, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure, phinfan, catscratch, Sunil), 1,073 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174848 07/20/09 08:28 PM
Sunil Online Content OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
If and when you have to wade in your pond, do you wear white tennis shoes, and if so, why?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
Lunker
Nope. Black pool shoes or gray dive boots.

Why? Because I lose all kinds of hooks, etc., and because I don't have any white tennies.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Well, they used to be white until I mowed the lawn and waded through the silt .

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Not yet. Mine are blue turned red/brown from wading in pond. But I have some white ones I never wear & well I'm sure that's what they're destined for. Beats buying another pair;-)

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I have a pair of shoes made by Columbia that self drain which I use for summertime warm water wading.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Blue water shoes. Bring some to the conference---Ozark rocks are as sharp as razors!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Some guys just have no class. Doesn't every stylishly turned out pondmeister wear white tennies? Heck, I forgot that some of you are from up North and don't understand the finer points of checking water clarity.

Ya'll probably use some kind of fruity sounding thang like a secccchi disk.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Glad all you yuppie boys have "tennis" shoes. Us redneck hoosier river waders prefer mens "gym" shoes. Much thicker soles, and don't catch on fire as quickly when fire walkin after a few brews. We also don't have "swimming trunks", All our shorts are cut off jeans. Tee shirts don't need sleeves!

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Why do you guys get all dressed up to wade into your pond? I go barefooted and of course only wear my Brazillian cut neoprene cod piece.

Sheesh, who'd a thunk you guys are so formal.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Why do you guys get all dressed up to wade into your pond? I go barefooted and of course only wear my Brazillian cut neoprene cod piece.

Not of all us enjoy the Brazilian wax job needed to wear your left coast attire, JHAP.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Bob-O, do you sissies need shoes to fire walk? The ground is so hot here that our tootsies crust over in early childhood.

We keep a pair of white tennies around for checking water clarity and impressing the rich folks from up Nawth.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Not of all us enjoy the Brazilian wax job needed to wear your left coast attire, JHAP.

Ghirly Men!!! The true test of a man is his ability to receive a Brazilian wax job and not scream like a little girl. As a tip to my fellow pond meisters, over the years I have learned that the best way to accomplish this is to sing Dean Martin's "Volare" beggining in a baritone voice.

"Vooooolarrrreeee, Wooooooooohhhh hooooooooooooohhhhhhh"

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Sunil Online Content OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
So much that I didn't want to know or more importantly, envision.

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
DD1, great point. However I do believe a barrel of oil brings a bit more than a bushel of corn and if ya did'nt know, I am trailer trash! The only rich hoosier I know of fortunately just kicked it. Before anyone gets in a huff about that, politically correct is a contradiction of terms. Thank you! Bob-O

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Yes but corn tastes better . However corn won't sub for oil in the car and I sure don't want to burn it as fuel. \:D

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Bob-O, come on down. I can trailer trash with anybody. Around the side I have a 90% finished hog trap and lots of surplus building material. Well maybe not; no tattoo. However, I don't drink lite beer, only the King of Beers. And a redneck buddy of mine has dug up an old copy of Mother Earth News. It has some pretty good directions for making "Shine". Since I have just retired, and am bored out of my mind, there is a better than average chance that we build our own chemistry set. For personal consumption only of course.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
DD1, be careful what ya wish for, I just bought a class c rv and intend to spend Jan-Apr along the ocean somewhere. There is an ocean somewheres around Texas or is that just one of those BIG waterin holes gone salty? Don't know what a hog trap is but I have a muzzle loader that does a fine job on wild swine if that's what yer referring to. Was planning about central Fl. but that might get a bit warm around April. Bob-O

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
A hog trap is intended to catch wild hogs. There are various kinds. Some have a guillotine type door, others a spring loaded door and then there are some made of cattle panels or hog panels with TPost support. I suppose they all work but I can't get them to come into any of them. They come and go on my place but are just about 100% nocturnal. I'm not about to stay awake all night so I don't bother hunting them. I've just not found them to be much of a problem.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
You really don't have to stay up all night. The noise those hogs make when they hit the corn is like a hammer mill. Kind of like an amplified combo of bacon frying and popcorn poping.

Life’s mostly scars and souvenirs
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Plus if you're down wind (as you shuold be), you can smell 'em.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
Sunil Online Content OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
So, if you do wear white tennis shoes to wade in your pond, do you make efforts to return/clean the "white," so to speak, to your tennis shoes after the wading?

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Grasshopper, Please bring to the conference whatever it is you were taking when you started this thread. I'll be the one in the white tennis shoes.

Bob G

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Well of course you clean them. We don't live up North, you know. What would people think?

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I gotta go with bobguillory on this one.
Oh & I use white shoe polish after wading.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
Lunker
Lunker
My (Son's, actually) dive boots are the same color gray as the pond muck, so they don't need cleaning.

-S. M. Stirling
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 11:13 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 10:44 PM
Concrete pond construction