Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
13 members (Theschack, jpsdad, FishinRod, Boondoggle, Sunil, Funky, eaunatural, Theo Gallus, catscratch, emactxag, Bruno616, simon, Bigtrh24), 1,020 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Gates Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
G
I am not a big fan of chemicals and will go to extremes to avoid using them. Having looked at numerous other chemicals Sonar seemed to be the safest.There is no doubt that the cost will collect your attention. I believe it is a cost vs. benefit analysis. The reasons stated below made the cost worth it for me.

1.)The restrictions on Sonar are extremely minimal.
2.)Sonar is extremely friendly to the environment and to humans.
3.)Application is very easy.
4.)There are virtually zero negative effects to the pond.
5.)You can call Sepro and someone(a live person)answers the phone.

I personally believe it is the closest thing, depending on your parameters, to a silver bullet for Hydrilla.

Before anyone asks,no I do not sell, represent or market for Sepro. Just a guy battling Hydrilla!!

Ron

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
OK Mr. Ringing Endorsement. Here is what I will do. I will substitute the word Sonar with Fluridone. Then I will wholeheatedly agree with 1-4. With #5, that is why you have a forum like this.

Then I have an amazing new word for you. WhiteCap AC.

And an interesting fact, not junk science. University of Florida's Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants did not one but two studies on product effectiveness on guess what? Hydrilla. One a 26 week trial, another varying ppm concentrations. Guess what, at the end of the studies there was no significant differences found between WhiteCap and Sonar. But if you really like talking to people at SePro, do you have to buy Sonar to do it?

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 07/11/10 11:49 AM.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Habitatpro
What would you have preferred the SePro guy to have said?

Originally Posted By: The Pond Frog
Our products cost way too much.

grin grin grin

Come on Pond Frog you've got to pay for the environmentally friendly aspect just like the expensive Greenclean! grin

Strangely I've been saving up to buy a quart of Whitecap and apparently nature is taking care of the Sago Pondweed on it's own. The last of the Sago Pondweed is falling to the bottom of the pond smothered by filamentous algae as I type this. It's absolutely amazing. Perhaps the upper 80 degree water temps have something to do with it too?

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 07/11/10 09:16 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Easy PF. Least you make all the PB sponsors/advertisers pull their business. You could just say it is expensive.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Our products work great and they sure are expensive!

I am a pond guy, and I have to use a Fluridone product. I inform the customer how expensive the product is. After I perform CPR to the cardiac arrested customer I have to add my hourly or job bid. It isn't a pleasant experience. In order to shave my expenses sometimes I look for a same result less expensive solution, whose product names won't be mentioned. I guess that is why I never went into politics, I am seldom correct. Fluridone products can be very effective eradicating hydrilla if you time it right.

G
Gates Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
G
WOW PF, you have a real break through here, I thought they were keeping the whole Fluridone thing a secret !!!

I believe the new amazing word would be Whitecap SC not AC, but its your show!

Mr.Ringing Endorsement

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: ewest
Easy PF. Least you make all the PB sponsors/advertisers pull their business. You could just say it is expensive.

Good point Eric. Must post was tongue in cheek. Perhaps it's expensive because of the all the expensive testing that is needed to rate a product as environmentally safe.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
It's expensive because they provide phone support to tell you to buy more. I'm not knocking SePro, or especially Sonar and Avast. They are excellent products. As a whole, Fluridone is the best but most expensive solution. I just responded to what someone asked what the guy should have said. It was tongue in cheek obviously.

One thing I always mention, no matter what the product and don't have to call SePro about is timing. I always say, hit those weeds when they first emerge and are at thier weakest. They are expending all that stored energy to get more stored energy. A lot of jobs I get to follow up failed results that was the key mistake. When using such an expensive active ingrediant like Fluridone, the last thing I would ever desire is retreatment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy