Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
blueyss, KiwiGuy, JKK, DerekG, lafarmpondguy
18,514 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,990
Posts558,253
Members18,515
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,569
ewest 21,507
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,154
Who's Online Now
2 members (lafarmpondguy, Fishingadventure), 644 guests, and 151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
 Originally Posted By: Jeff Walker
hope the x-wing engines are not from the Chevy Vega

Naw, x-wing is a rear engine job. Probably from the Corvair.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Captain,Ive been giving this some thought,and as I dont believe cows can fly,Just what was the cow doing fishing in the pond instead of watching her calf?

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
She was fly fishing...

"Our Life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify" -Henry David Thoreau -
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Ouch!

Well, it's time to get this thread back on its most important track.

Originally Posted By: csteffen
At this time I would like to announce that I would like to join your's and Rainman's anti-GSA group. I don't know the qualifications for membership, but I do keep a small fleet of X-wing fighters as a hobby that may be useful against the GSA.

I hadn't considered formalizing the resistance, but now that you mention it, this might be a good idea. First, we're going to need a good name, something that captures the spirit of the participants, and represents favorably the kind of intelligence, forthrightness, and steadfastness of character required to stand up to the GSA. I'm open to suggestions, and can start the process with a couple of humble entries:

H.E.R.O.E.S.--Humanoids Ernestly Resisting Ominously Encroaching Sunfish

I've chosen the term "Humanoids" very carefully, as it is important for an organization in its infancy to be highly inclusive, and this will allow Tan and Sunil to join if they so choose. Another possibility:

S.T.U.D.S.--Serious Terminators of Undesirable Deviant Sunfish.

This has a more militant ring, but might make some members uncomfortable, for example Anna and 2catmom might not feel wholly welcome, which would not be a desirable result.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
JHAP slammin yer hand in the closet door is insufficient, slam yer head!

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
W
Lunker
Lunker
W
A flyfishing cow? This goes much deeper than I thought.

Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
 Originally Posted By: Bob-O
JHAP slammin yer hand in the closet door is insufficient, slam yer head!

May I consider this to be your application to our select group?

Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
 Originally Posted By: Walt Foreman
A flyfishing cow? This goes much deeper than I thought.

Actually, much higher than you thought. Hijacking threads is expected behavior on the forum, but please, let us not allow the indiscriminant mixing of metaphors.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C

T
TOM S.N/ILL
Unregistered
TOM S.N/ILL
Unregistered
T
CHRIS, That's Great! LMAO Thanks, Tom

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
Ouch!

Well, it's time to get this thread back on its most important track.

Originally Posted By: csteffen
At this time I would like to announce that I would like to join your's and Rainman's anti-GSA group. I don't know the qualifications for membership, but I do keep a small fleet of X-wing fighters as a hobby that may be useful against the GSA.

I hadn't considered formalizing the resistance, but now that you mention it, this might be a good idea. First, we're going to need a good name, something that captures the spirit of the participants, and represents favorably the kind of intelligence, forthrightness, and steadfastness of character required to stand up to the GSA. I'm open to suggestions, and can start the process with a couple of humble entries:

H.E.R.O.E.S.--Humanoids Ernestly Resisting Ominously Encroaching Sunfish

I've chosen the term "Humanoids" very carefully, as it is important for an organization in its infancy to be highly inclusive, and this will allow Tan and Sunil to join if they so choose. Another possibility:

S.T.U.D.S.--Serious Terminators of Undesirable Deviant Sunfish.

This has a more militant ring, but might make some members uncomfortable, for example Anna and 2catmom might not feel wholly welcome, which would not be a desirable result.

I needed a LOL.

This was my answer.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
E
Lunker
Lunker
E
Victor,

Just read your post and was amazed that it was your cow. I've been hearing about the plane crash and dead cow on the radio, but never imagined that it would be somebody from here.

The last that I heard was that the plane belonged to a guy in Terrel and that the pilot may or may not have a license. It seems there's no proof that he's a legal pilot, but I guess they don't want to come out and say it right off.

Is this the same property that you dug the pond for a few years ago? With the dock?

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
OK Captain.I have really bad news for you.I went out and snuck into your pond and did my own investigation.What a cover-up.The crash WAS intentional.The cow was a deversion to cover-up the truth.If you look in the back of the plane you will find a live-well with the GSA logo in the bottom lefthand corner in small print.Thia was all a cover-up to stock your pond with GREEN SUNFISH.I told you JHAP was involved.I highly recomend you immidiatly place pointy tinfoil hats in and around your pond to help stop communications between the fish and mothership.
As an also and aside,I have located JHAPS killer mode on/off switch and disabled it.I dont know however,how long before he figures out how to fix it.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I can't believe how you people have hijacked this thread. You should ALL be ashamed at yourselves.

Hey Yolk,
I have some suggestions. The only two fit for public consumption are:

Weirdos Against Noble Green Sunfish

and

Damn Ignorant Reactionaries Tediously Babbling Against Green Sunfish

Please note in the interest bringing peace to the forum I would be willing to generously volunteer my time to design your logo as long as you promise to wear it.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
Just say no.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
 Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
Victor,

Just read your post and was amazed that it was your cow. I've been hearing about the plane crash and dead cow on the radio, but never imagined that it would be somebody from here.

The last that I heard was that the plane belonged to a guy in Terrel and that the pilot may or may not have a license. It seems there's no proof that he's a legal pilot, but I guess they don't want to come out and say it right off.

Is this the same property that you dug the pond for a few years ago? With the dock?

Eddie

Different property Eddie. I lease this property from my wifes cousin, who owns the airport. It is a smaller airport where small planes and a lot of vintage aircraft fly out of. It is like the 2nd oldest airport in Texas! My wifes uncle who started this airport had his license signed off on by Orville Wright and graduated in Charles Lindberg's class! (really!) I have the cattle on the land adjacent to the airport.

The property has a nice pond on it that always has fish ready to bite. This pond is about 1/2 acre but could easily be enlarged to several acres. It has a fairly consistent spring running through the property and tons of runoff.

I have been neutral on all this Green Sunfish stuff but must admit that when you catch a big GSF it is fun. They are also great to eat. I intend to remain neutral, however TOM G has a good point...he may be right. When they removed the pilot it is rumored that his left nipple was missing as were the cows teats. I understand that is a favorite target for GSF based on earlier posts I have read on this forum.

"Our Life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify" -Henry David Thoreau -
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Rectum? Darn near killed 'em!

Hey Moe, I'm trying to think but nuthin's happening!
K
keg Offline
Lunker
Lunker
K
A Cessna 150 is about the stone simplest plane to fly... I had 300+ flight hours and never came CLOSE to hitting a cow.

Besides, a private pilot's license requires a minimum of 40 hours flight time... so it sounds like this gentleman was taking some liberties. It could get expensive for him.

lurker / pond dreamer
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: keg
A Cessna 150 is about the stone simplest plane to fly... I had 300+ flight hours and never came CLOSE to hitting a cow.

Keg, don't be so hard on yourself. Perhaps, much like Theo's Yellow Perch, you have astigmatism.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
 Originally Posted By: Captain1
I have been neutral on all this green sunfish stuff.....however TOM G has a good point...he may be right. When they removed the pilot it is rumored that his left nipple was missing as were the cows teats. I understand that is a favorite target for GSF based on earlier posts I have read on this forum

There are so many reasons to fear and abhor green sunfish.......but this particular characteristic has to be near the top of the list.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
sure explains why GSF Assoc members are always turned away from gentlemen's clubs.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Guess where I got bit gettin frisky with the wife in a lake once? I'll NEVER do that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hint, "they" are lower than the nipple!!!!!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...where's Nate Scorsese when ya need him?

Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
......I hate it when they bite your toes.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
I had a real cool coment,but I have been openly threatend on another thread with the distruction of the beer fridge.I sit humbly in the corner,quietly.

I subscribe

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
gone fishing with dogs
Recent Posts
feeders on bank--any hog problems?
by esshup - 05/04/24 11:52 PM
When will I see schools of threadfin?
by esshup - 05/04/24 11:49 PM
Maximum Slope For Dam Safety
by KiwiGuy - 05/04/24 11:49 PM
My First