Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59, jm96
18,483 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,944
Posts557,788
Members18,483
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,508
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
3 members (catscratch, Steve Clubb, Boondoggle), 1,154 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Back at the last PB Meeting, Young Blood, his dad Randall, and myself were setting up the fish fry (well, Young Blood and his dad were doing the work).

I had all kind of contingency plans in the case that some kind of authority would front out on us and shut us down. I had fall-back plans if trying to "talk our way out" didn't work.

Frankly, I was sweating it; of course Young Blood showed no emotion either because he's a rock, or just didn't realize what trouble we could get ourselves and Pond Boss into. I was prepared to take the brunt of anything bad that happened to us.

I saw Al outside and asked him to join us. I must admit that it was a tad selfish on my part. This is because I knew that if Al was with us, we would have nothing to worry about, and he would take and handle any flack that came our way. He is that kind of person. My worries were completely gone.

A short while later, n8ly joined us in the cooking. While he didn't provide any feelings of safety from any threats, he did eat about half of what we cooked before the fish even made it to the convention floor.

Now we have Al in a place where he can look after all of us, and I know he will do just that.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

O
Lunker
Lunker
O
We are very sorry to hear this news. I have witnessed that Al and Dave had a great father/son relationship. I too have that type of relationship with my dad, and I can't begin to imagine the pain of such a loss. Al told me time and time again how much joy he received from his family and kids. He was especially proud of you Dave. He was a great man.

He was also a great client and a great pond-meister. I will miss him personally. I'll miss his enthusiasm and his attitude.

Everyone here at Overtons will be thinking about our good times with Al. We will never forget this man. Think of the good times, Dave, I know there were a lot of good times.

It's ALL about the fish!
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Wow! Sorry to hear about your loss. Having lost my mother not too long ago, I know the feeling. The loss of a parent is not easy. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Travis

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Dave, words about Al and your loss fail me.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
services? Time and place?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
D
davatsa Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
Dave and others,

The visitation is this evening from 5-8 pm. The funeral is tomorrow (Monday) at 1 pm.

Both will be held at Porter Loring North in San Antonio. They are located on the southeast corner of Loop 1604 and Gold Canyon Road.

Here is a link to the funeral home's website with a brief obituary.
http://obit.porterloring.com/obitdisplay.html?id=682045&listing=Current

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I showed Ginger the thread last night, and it made her so happy to see how much my dad was loved and appreciate by so many forum members.

While I have not yet had time to respond to the thread contributors individually, please know that your words mean the world to me. I'm so thankful to be part of this family.

David

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Sorry, came in late on this, what a shock.

Dave, you have my most heartfelt condolences on this Father's Day.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Dave -- terribly sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Dave...from the world headquarters of Pond Boss, we are deeply saddened by Al's passing. We all loved him dearly. He was genuine, hearty and full of life. I already miss reading his posts and hearing from his heart. Your dad was a great man, grounded from soul to sole. We'll miss his attention, his care and, most of all, his presence. Without his presence, we'll revel in his life and be here for you, good friend. When someone we love so dearly passes on, we are stunned, shocked and don't really know what to say. Then, we mourn. As we mourn, we cry from the inside out. At the same time, we have no trepidations about Al's destiny, so we have peace. The hard part comes as the reality continues to manifest itself each day.
Be strong and of good courage. Just know that the emotions you feel are real and they are yours.
My dad died when he was 44 and I was 21. I miss him to this day.
We are all thankful of the loving and kind relationship you guys cherished.
Godspeed to Al...dear, dear friend.
Our deepest sympathy and love to you, Dave, and your entire family...from our family to yours.
Bob Lusk

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Dave, Just got a computer and now learn the news of you Dad's passing. He was a good man. I know he left you with some great memories and that is worth a lot. May God bless your family with peace and comfort.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I cant comprehend what your going through or feeling at this time Dave, but I will be praying for you and your family!

1 Corinthians 2:9
"...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Dave, Your dad was a very good man and an example of a really good guy. We shared some good pond stories. You are lucky to have him as a father. Your dad was the type of guy Father's Day was created for. His guidence, teachings, and your good memories of him will be shining examples of ways for you to continue to do good things. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 06/21/09 04:40 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Words cannot express the shock and saddness I feel for your loss Dave. I truley enjoyed meeting the two of you last summer! Al was a remarkable man ~ I can't even begin to fathum the loss you and your family are going through. My deepest sympathy goes out to you~ just know how proud he was of you and that he will always be with you! We will all miss him!!

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Dave, what a shock to read this. I'm glad you have the PB family to help. Jhap and others were very helpful when my father passed last year. The PB family is here for you; use it anytime you need to.

There is not a good way for a passing but I felt I was able to clear the air with my Dad and you you might think you did not get this opportunity. We do not know the intimate relationship you had with your father but after meeting yall it seems as good and close as any father/son relationship I have ever seen. So I think you did not need a final talk; I bet all was said that needed to be said due to the closeness. As you stated you know were he now rest.

If anyting you wish to talk about call my cell 770-378-6285, anytime. You may not understand this now but I hope going forward every fathers day will bring you memories full of joyous times spent together.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
Dave, so sorry to log on and read this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm pretty sure there's a place where our Dad's all get together and fish and tell stories about their sons. So sorry for your loss.....

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. He was way too young, and way too vibrant to be taken so early.

Ken and Lynda

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
I am sorry for your loss I feel like I was just getting started knowing your dad. I thought of him often and remember him telling me he spent his time and money on pond management not on vices that would get him into trouble. My plan is to follow his example in that reguard. I always wanted to know what he was stocking next from Todd Overton! He will be sorely missed.

C
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador <br /> Field Correspondent
Lunker
C
Dave,

I have been out of the Pond Boss loop for over a year and I must say, I am disappointed in myself after reading all of the post about your father that I did not have the oportunity to meet him. I can picture what a wonderful person he is. I am sure when I catch up with you this year, that I will be able to see him through you. My thoughts and payers are with you and your family.

All the best,

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Dave, I just saw this tread.

I didn't know your father, but I saw the pride he had in you from his posts. Reading bruce, Sunil and ewest's tributes make me know a good man is no longer with us.

My heartfelt condolances to you and your family.

Rex

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Dave, I've never met you or your dad but I think he made everyone around him a better person. He left knowing his family and friends loved him and had the love and respect of his family and friends.....Now thats priceless!!!

God bless.

A
Lunker
Lunker
A
Dave, although I never got the pleasure of meeting either of you my heart goes out to you. After my father passed I found comfort in remembering all of the fun we had and celebrating his life rather than mourning his death. It is what he would have wanted. I hope in time you will be able to find that peace and joy. They always leave the best part of themselves with us, their love. In every tragedy their is a gift. Sometimes it takes a while to find it. I'm sure that with time you will figure out what that gift is for you.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna

If it's not fit for you to eat, what makes you think it's good for your dog?

AHAHM

Lunker
Lunker
Please accept my late, but heartfelt condolences. Seems to be a trade off - sudden death, no suffering, no chance to say goodbye. Long illness with suffering allows time to say goodbye.
It is this never ending theme of loss in life that is difficult, but spurs us all on to make the most of each day as it is a gift. No promise of tomorrow. I am so sorry for your loss.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
I don't know you and I didn't know your dad, but as a fellow Christian, I empathize with your loss and his gain. I realize I'm late to view this thread, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family regardless. God bless.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Very nice, Omaha.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
I'm sorry for getting to this thread late. My family's hearts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/18/24 08:53 PM
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/18/24 08:41 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump
by esshup - 04/18/24 06:58 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward