Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
TanyaClick, Brian from Texas, Purplepiggies7, BamaBass9, Sryously
18,508 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,973
Posts558,090
Members18,508
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,556
ewest 21,500
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
17 members (TEC, Bobbss, nvcdl, JoshMI, FishinRod, Shorthose, canyoncreek, simon, Augie, Sunil, Jason D, Dave Davidson1, Ron crismon, Boondoggle, e_stallman, rjackson, Brian from Texas), 886 guests, and 188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
davatsa Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
My dad (ahvatsa) and I have met many of you in person and have developed lifelong friendships as a result of this forum.

It is with a sad and stunned heart that I want to share with you that my father passed away late last night. He had a massive heart attack in his sleep.

The rest of my family and I ask for your prayers and warm thoughts during a difficult time. As many of you can personally attest to...he was a wonderful man.

The most comforting thing to me is that, because he was a Christian, I know where he is right now. I love you, dad.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
davasta, very sorry to hear this, our condolences and prayers are with you and your family.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Dave, that is indeed shocking to me, as well as all that will read this. It doesn't seem real. He was so full of life. I mourne with you and your family. As you say, we know he will be waiting for you all. So glad he got to see you take the next step in life. God bless. Rest in peace, Al.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Dear Al,

The last few months of my life have been the most difficult I've ever faced.

One day, when things were as bad as they could get, I needed a friend.

It was right after the first day of my new dental practice. My construction manager had failed to get the place done, but the patients were already appointed, so we pieced together what we could, and started providing care for our people.

Needless to say, it was borderline disaster. Nobody knew where anything was. Nobody knew how to run the software. People were stressed. One of my most important employees was crying. I was functioning on about 90 minutes sleep. I didn't know if my practice, my employees....my wife and kids could take it.

I called you.

You chuckled. You said you'd been down roads like this before. You spent nearly an hour of your time telling me about businesses that you'd started.

You said that you too had been stressed.

You told me that even though times were awful for me, that I needed to lead by example. You told me to show my best side. It was time for leadership! It was time to realize that the women in my office needed more than good pay. They needed emotional support and strength. You told me to get some sleep, wake up early and go buy bagels for the staff.

But most of all, you told me, I needed to put my stress and sadness and hopelessness in God's hands.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

The next day I took your advice. I bought bagels for the staff, and I put on a brighter face. The employees that I valued so much responded to my confidence. I did exactly as you told me, and you were right on the money. Everything you said came true. Things got better every day.

You also made me promise to call you in a week with an update.

When I called you, you said that prayers were being answered. You assured me that you were praying for me every day. And I knew that you were. It meant so much to me to have a friend like you who cared enough about me to spend time praying for me each day.

It gave me strength...and perspective....and a feeling that there was another person out there who'd been through it all before.

I love you, Al. I'll miss you.

But I know you'll still be thinking about me.

I promise I'll make this business work to honor you. But I won't do it alone. I'll keep praying for God's help thanks to the perspective you gave me.

Your friend,

Bruce

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Dave, we mourn your loss and our prayers are with you.
It is a shock to hear the news of your Father's passing.
Al was one of the first forum friends that I met in person at PB conferences, and shared thoughts and ideas via personal messages.

It is difficult to put my thoughts into words, but our very deep sympathy and God's blessings are with you and your family.
The Glazeners

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Al was a great friend and man. We shared many pond conversations and family stories - hopes and aspirations. God blessed us greatly with his presence. I will miss him very much. He is in a far better place now smiling down on us as we struggle to move forward.

David we are here to help. Call or email anytime. I have been through what you are experiencing now. It is hard but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me , he will be watching and helping you in ways you do not understand. Prayers for God's peace for you and the family.

This hurts - yes badly for all of us who miss him.

Last edited by ewest; 06/19/09 09:00 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Dave, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't even compose my thoughts. I talked to Al a lot, and he was so proud of you and your sister. He advised me quite a bit and to a substantial degree, he was confidant for me. I know I am a better person for having known him as a friend.

I wish I could be there for you right now.

You and Al, and your family, are all I will be thinking about.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I am deeply and profoundly saddened. I love Al. When I first arrived at the Pond Boss family, Al was right there welcoming me and helping with his wisdom. I am so very grateful that I finally got to meet Al and Dave at the PB convention II. In fact, we shared a cab ride to the airport and some waiting time at the gates. I learned much about Al and Dave during that brief time. It now becomes a moment in time that I will cherish all the more.
Still waters run deep. Al is the placid pool. I already miss him badly.

Lunker
Lunker
WOW.
I am very sorry for your loss. Your dad was a very good man. I recall him sitting there with his little cigar cracking jokes. Prayers sent for you and your family. Indeed the Pondboss family has lost a great member.

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Paul

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Dave,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how hard it is. When my dad goes some day I will be so tore up I won't be able to function properly for a while. I dread the day I will have to go through what you are going through.

God Bless and please hang in there.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
davasta:

While I haven't met you or your family, I feel like I'm part of it. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I'm at a loss for words.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Lunker
Lunker
David,

I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is gone.

He was one of my first Texans, and one I will always think of him when I contemplate the very best of the Lone Star state - big smile, big heart, big friendly handshake. He had that "You buy the chips, I'll buy the Superbowl tickets" attitude that my late FIL had. I admire and aspire to that ability to treat anyone on an equal level.

His pride in you was as obvious as it was warranted. He was lucky to have a great Son to share his interests and time with (as, Thank God, am I).

Remember you can still talk to him when you need to, and he can still hear you. I have no doubt you know him well enough to know what his answers to your questions would be.

So long, big Al.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
David -

Both you and your father are the rare kinds of people I'm proud to say I know - even though we only had a forum "relationship" - some folks' strong character just shines through their words and mannerisms.

I'm very glad your Dad was around to see you graduate lawn school summa cum laude - I'm certain he was very proud to share that moment with you - and will be with you, gently guiding and encouraging you, the rest of your life.

My family will have you in our thoughts.

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Dave, there have been many wonderful and well stated thoughts spoken above about Al. It's obvious that he was well liked and respected. I remember talking with him outside the Hotel in Arlington - we were talking about bamboo, and he wanted me to email him so he could supply more information. He was just that kind of guy, wasn't he? We sat at one of the smaller dinner tables together at the Convention last year, and had some interesting conversations about business etc, and his pride in you was unmistakable - as others have already said, he was so proud of you, as well he should be. You are a fine person and my prayers are with you and your entire family. May God bless you and help you thru these sad times.

Just do it...
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
So sorry to hear of your familys loss, Dave.

My dad passed suddenly 15 years ago-but I still remember the shock with crystal clarity. My thoughts are with you all.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Dave, I met you and your Dad briefly in Arlington. His love of Christ shone brightly as he gripped hands with all he met. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family are summed up in Matthew 5:4. "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." God's promises are sure. He also says try Him and prove Him. My Dad left this world 30 years ago. Our relationship was close like the one between you and your Dad. There's not a day goes by that I don't wish I could talk to him. But out of his absence a new personal relationship evolved between me and my heavenly Father. The key word here is personal. I talk with Him about EVERYTHING. His response always brings me peace. Much Love to You and Your Family. D

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
wow dave, stunned here in el dorado too. i and everybody else here knows you guys had a special bond. i'll pray for you and your family to have strength and serenity during this time. sudden losses like this leave us speechless and wondering why. may your dad rest in peace.

GSF are people too!

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I am sorry to hear that, but what comfort to know that he is spending eternity with the Good Lord. God bless you as you mourn, my prayers are with you.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Dave, We are thinking of you this Father's day weekend at the start of a new summer. None of the words really work when you lose your Dad.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Dave: You have our sincere sympathies. There is no good time for a loss like this, but coming at Father's Day is especially tragic. God Bless you and your family.

Bing & Mrs. Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Im speachless.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Dave,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I feel fortunate that I had an opportunity to meet and talk with your dad. I had a lot of laughs with him. Take care. Shawn

-----------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
W
Lunker
Lunker
W
Dave, after reading the emotional and very sincere responses from your Pond Boss family, from those that have personally met your father and also from others that may have only known him from here, I hope you can take some comfort from this unique gathering of really good and caring people. It's a testament to your father's character and you should be proud.
Our thoughts and prayers from the Wood family.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
David, words cannot express the saddness that I feel.

Last year after the pond boss conference, I posted about meeting David and his father Al. After the post Al send me a PM.

Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond, posted on the forums
"David and Al are "salt of the earth" people that I feel honored to have spent time with."

Originally Posted By: ahvasta, an excerpt from a Pm he sent me

I appreciate the kind words and yes, this is our goal in life. It goes generations before us! My father is the kind of man who will never volunteer his religion, but lives it daily, and will share if asked. You and your wife are fine people and look forward to more time together. If EVER in San Antonio area would love to show our ponds to you.

Al, I know that you are in good company and that you are in a better place. I selfishly wish that Ricki and I had been able to spend more time with you. My father's name is Tom, Ricki's dad's name is Charlie, both loved to fish, loved the outdoors, and of course loved and were loved by family and friends. Seek them out and wait for us to join you.

David, PM sent, I am unable adequately express my thoughts in open forums.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Tbar
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Tbar!
by Bobbss - 05/01/24 11:54 AM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 05/01/24 11:29 AM
New pond stocking
by Sunil - 05/01/24 10:43 AM
RES in new pond with no plants
by RAH - 05/01/24 09:40 AM
Is my feeder toast?
by FishinRod - 04/30/24 09:50 PM
Oxygenator equipment advice
by esshup - 04/30/24 09:31 PM
First Post - Managing 27 Acre Pond
by esshup - 04/30/24 05:07 PM
Fish food
by LANGSTER - 04/30/24 03:11 PM
Considering expansion of DIY solar aeration
by ghdmd - 04/30/24 11:41 AM
When Trespassers Ignore the Signs (funny)
by Boondoggle - 04/30/24 11:32 AM
Frustrated
by Snipe - 04/30/24 10:53 AM
Do fish help with clarity?
by Joe7328 - 04/30/24 07:56 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
by Tbar, December 10
Deer at Theo's 2023
Deer at Theo's 2023
by Theo Gallus, November 13