Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,999
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,539
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
6 members (Sunil, FishinRod, Fishingadventure, Deancutler, JoshMI, Joe7328), 1,362 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#154100 03/18/09 07:16 PM
S
Sgt911 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
S
I have a wildlife exemption on half my property. I just received a letter today saying my exemption for 08 was denied. I called the appraiser he said I did not meet the 3 of 7 activity requirement for a particular animal (deer). I have to call B.S. I do 4 activities and 3 cover deer. I checked with TPWD headquarters in Austin and they said the appraiser is wrong, you only have to do 3 of seven "period" . I also found out that my county "LEE" is the only county that does it this way and the only authority that can intervene is the county judge.I heard that at least 15 other property owners received the same letter. I have a meeting this Friday with the appraiser....If I don't get it worked out I lose my ag exempt and possible back taxes...I work very hard on my wildlife activities.I wish Texas would recognize peoples right to "own" property..rant off

Last edited by Sgt911; 03/18/09 07:18 PM.

"Is the Poop-Deck really what I think it is?" - Homer Simpson

"A man can't just sit around" - Larry Walters, 1982

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I would place some direct calls into the US Senators office and the US Congressmen's offices for your district just to give them a heads-up.

In fact, I would just hear this appraiser out, you know, hear what he has to say and see if you can smell some kind of agenda.

I wouldn't argue with him or challenge him.

I'd be going way above his head if needed. I wouldn't even piss around with his level.

Of course, I have no details so take that into consideration regarding my free advice!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I would go listen to what he says and then point out the error of his ways. Take photos and TAKE NOTES of what he says. If he denies you, the notes are something to take to the County Judge. If the Judge denies you, get with the rest of the people who were denied and go find a local newspaper or TV Reporter. Politicians hate adverse publicity.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 03/18/09 10:04 PM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
S
Sgt911 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
S
Thanks for input and listening...I truly do get tired of fighting tax authorities each year \:\(

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
First my wife, and then I got the run around from our county assessors-collectors office on farm exempt tags for a trailer I had bought. I finally called the district office for TXDOT. I explained some of the hurdles the county kept throwing in my way. The fine lady at TXDOT called the supervisor and in about 15 minutes the county was calling me saying come get your tags.

You don't have much time, but I wonder if you can get some assistance from TPWD to explain the statute to these folks.

Life’s mostly scars and souvenirs
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.Im not going to reply to this thread.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
But how do you really feel, TOM G?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

S
Sgt911 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
S
The head of that branch of TPWD lives in that county and had already told them, so they are aware. Tom....Respond, misery loves company.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
You really dont want to get me started.First,things would get ugly REAL fast,then Id get moderated for language abuse and politics and finally,I would probably get banned from my favorite website.Besides,you all already know how I feel and what my response would be.First,you get a gun(or dynamyte),then........

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Sgt911- Did you submit the paperwork to aquire the wildlife exemption or was the property already so designated> Note this site http://www.lee-cad.org/AppraisalProcessMethods.htm#Sec2351 Definitions of Agricultural land. #7(7) "Wildlife management" means actively using land that at the time the wildlife-management use began was appraised as qualified open-space land under this subchapter in at least three of the following ways to propagate a sustaining breeding, migrating, or wintering population of indigenous wild animals for human use, including food, medicine, or recreation:

Hope this helps...du.

Last edited by david u; 03/20/09 02:29 PM.

S
Sgt911 Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
S
 Originally Posted By: david u
Sgt911- Did you submit the paperwork to aquire the wildlife exemption or was the property already so designated> Note this site http://www.lee-cad.org/AppraisalProcessMethods.htm#Sec2351 Definitions of Agricultural land. #7(7) "Wildlife management" means actively using land that at the time the wildlife-management use began was appraised as qualified open-space land under this subchapter in at least three of the following ways to propagate a sustaining breeding, migrating, or wintering population of indigenous wild animals for human use, including food, medicine, or recreation:

Hope this helps...du.

Yes, this is my sixth year...I got my AG back in the meeting..I did find out that they are being sued over this same issue..

Lunker
Lunker
Sometimes it is just difficult to live your life where you choose to live, that is my story.
I say send out a press release with the others who have been denied, have your talking points ready, then let it rip.
We just did that (and 2 board members went to the city council) and lo and behold the street sweeper showed up for a week, then the Army Corp. of Engineers showed up at the creek where we drain off, then last Thrusday I hear this noise and the city vacuum truck was out there. I went out to see if he was doing the sanitary or storm drains which go into out lake, he said storm drains, and that guy got one big hug from me.!
Now the politicians and the city know we can get the Sunday paper, front page above the fold. I did have to keep my phone off the hook for a week and pretend they were broken till the commotion died down as not to upset my husband AGAIN over this lake. It worked out - for the moment. Will be interesting to see what the salinity test reveal, we thawed days before any of the other lakes, could be the amount of rain that came in through the drains, but I bet the salinity is high, this was a harsh winter with lots of salt put down outside the sub, and that one drain does go into out lake. This is a long term battle.

Last edited by 2catmom; 03/22/09 02:33 PM. Reason: typos

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Lunker
Lunker
Wow, that sounds so sad! How low has my life sunk that I am hugging city DPW workers in my PJ's cause I am so happy to get these drains cleaned? Really, really sad. It does not take much to make me happy.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 04/28/24 05:13 PM
Concrete pond construction
by Theo Gallus - 04/28/24 03:15 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/27/24 01:11 PM