Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Goldie1!, RobS, GhostRiver, Dux96, cgmbny
18,523 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,003
Posts558,400
Members18,524
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,594
ewest 21,512
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,157
Who's Online Now
2 members (Bobbss, anthropic), 595 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
I guess it all depends on who writes and edits it.It could turn out to be a good thing if written by the right(husbands)personell. \:D \:D

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Hey guys, I'm having second thoughts here. Perhaps getting all of the Pond Boss wives together isn't such a great idea. I don't like the sound of a Husband Management Technique newsletter, no good can come from that.

Agreed. If they can figure out how to manage Mongo, what chance do the rest of us have?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I'm thinking little to none Theo.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Gee honey,its too bad they had to cancel the PB converance,but I just had a business meeting come up so I couldnt go anyway...see you next week.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
My wife just read this thread and is asking me WHY she hasnt recieved HER newsletter yet? \:o

I subscribe

Lunker
Lunker
I sense a colliding scene....

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
I just returned from being with Theo's Dad at the hospital. He's doing really great and has a super attitude. It's amazing what a cute, young, female, physical therapist can get him to do. He's telling jokes and laughing the whole time he's doing his exercises. Now I finally know where Theo gets it from.

NOTE TO POND BOSS WIVES: It's a simple husband management technique. You just have to beat them to the mail box to get a hold of his issue of POND BOSS. You do not let him have the magazine until sufficient items are completed off the "honey do" list. If the work does not progress swiftly enough, as you read the magazine, make comments out loud about the articles and how you personally are going to try to implement some of the suggestions. ;\)

HINT: If you take the time to follow the forum, the guys will let you know when the mag starts hitting the mail boxes, so you can make sure you get it first.

NOTE: Please disregard all previous statements. It is important that you absolutely DO NOT follow any advice that may have received earlier in this post. I repeat. Do not follow any advice that I, Fish Wife, may be dispensing. End of message.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 02/07/09 02:20 PM. Reason: Fish Wife is just kidding.

One person's pond is another person's borrow pit.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
WHEW! I almost started to believe.

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Some how I knew that was going to get jumped all over by a mod. Now I'm really motivated to buy those pink cowboy hats!!! I found some that have sequins and flashing LED lights that would be perfect for night fishing. I think it would look great on the "Mod of the Day." Will there be online bidding?
http://www.1glowstore.com/store/p/1441-PINK-LED-COWBOY-HAT-one-hat-.aspx?feed=Froogle

What my next suggestion to all the wives out there on the forum was to buy your husband a subscription to the POND BOSS magazine for Valentine's Day. It's a gift you'll both love.

Last edited by Fish Wife; 02/07/09 05:02 PM.

One person's pond is another person's borrow pit.
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Man this is getting dangerous !!!!! \:o I may have to start using the mod delete button. ;\)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...and risk retribution crafted by Fish Wife? You fool!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I just changed the password on my computer.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I am not going to stand by and watch this travesty happen. Gentlemen our very life styles are at stake here. I have decided to take immediate action. Accordingly I am in the process of writing the definitive guide for husbands. This guide will assist recent and long term husbands alike in the proper techniques to ensure that they are in charge of their household, king of the land, captain of the ship.

I'm going to name this guide "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Managing Your Wife."

I've been working on this book non stop for the past 11 hours. So far I've got the name of the book.

Do any of you guys out there know anything about managing your wife? I seem to have writers block here.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I am not going to stand by and watch this travesty happen. Gentlemen our very life styles are at stake here. I have decided to take immediate action. Accordingly I am in the process of writing the definitive guide for husbands. This guide will assist recent and long term husbands alike in the proper techniques to ensure that they are in charge of their household, king of the land, captain of the ship.

I'm going to name this guide "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Managing Your Wife."

I've been working on this book non stop for the past 11 hours. So far I've got the name of the book.

Do any of you guys out there know anything about managing your wife? I seem to have writers block here.

Jeff, that book has been written already.

It's title also happens to be the entire contents----------Yes Dear!

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Why is it that I keep hearing REM lyrics over and over in my head....

It's the end of the world as we know it,
It's the end of the world as we know it....

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Lunker
Lunker
You guys need to get a little of this:

P
Lunker
Lunker
P
I'm not scared, SSHHH her she comes.

T
Lunker
Lunker
T
I told my wife what I thought about her opinion.....
She told me when I come out from under the bed.....

I subscribe

M
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
M
 Quote:
"Jeez guys you really need to get control of your spouses.

When I married JWHAP (jeff's wife has a pond) I told her in no uncertain terms. Looky here I said, one thing you gotta get straight. I'm Captain of this ship. And the Capains word is law on the high seas. So when it comes time to make decisions just keep that in mind.

JWHAP completely agreed, she said "Yep JHAP you are Capitain of the ship and on the ship your word is law. Course I'm Admiral of the Navy and I'll decide whether you sail the high seas or sit in mothball."

At least we've got that all worked out.

Actually I joke about it but my wife is great. Ask her about some of the goofy adventures I've dragged her through over the past decade and you'll see that she probably should be considered for sainthood.

Mrs. Mongo here --

Just thought I would help JHAP with his writer's block. I never laughed so hard as when I read that post -- of course Mongo did not get it.
That's why I'm sooooo looking forward to my newsletter. LOL Maybe this will be the year that I get to attend the conference, if so, I'll have my pen & notebook ready to take notes from the ladies. LOL

"Pushing to Please"

Pond Boss Conference Attendee 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 & 2015
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
This is all Theo's fault.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Geesh, this thread has really taken off. OK, man, time to sing:

"Aint I gonna take you fishin with me some day.

A man cant love a woman more than that."

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker

'Struth. If Dad hadn't had to put me over his knee so often, it wouldn't have needed replacing.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus

'Struth. If Dad hadn't had to put me over his knee so often, it wouldn't have needed replacing.

Anyone else notice how he didn't even clear up the fact that he deserved to be put over a knee that often? \:D

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Everyone is welcomed - guys , gals , kids and grandkids. Come have fun and bring your fish stories and pics. Fun means no nagging or complaining whether by man , woman or child. Choose what you want to wear but don't try to choose for someone else. \:D

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
 Originally Posted By: ewest
child. Choose what you want to wear but don't try to choose for someone else. \:D

I can forsee a problem when some of us are told by our wives................."You can wear this................................................or nothing"

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
Did I accidentally kill my fish?
by Lenox - 05/10/24 11:48 PM
Aquamax Largemouth for Yellow Perch
by esshup - 05/10/24 11:13 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by Boondoggle - 05/10/24 10:24 PM
Very sandy soil
by Dave Davidson1 - 05/10/24 08:08 PM
Happy Birthday Gehajake!
by SetterGuy - 05/10/24 02:18 PM
Low pH, low Alkalinity in Fresh ponds/Lakes
by Stressless - 05/10/24 01:08 PM
Tilapia with Winterkill
by FishinRod - 05/10/24 12:53 PM
Pond PH, lime, and fertilizer questions??
by Boondoggle - 05/10/24 12:07 PM
2.5 Acre Pond Gone! work/restroation thread
by Stressless - 05/10/24 09:17 AM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by esshup - 05/10/24 08:30 AM
Iris vs Pickerel
by andrew davis - 05/10/24 01:56 AM
My First
by esshup - 05/09/24 03:55 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday