Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER
18,503 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,994
Members18,504
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,539
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
2 members (nvcdl, Tinylake), 1,363 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Bruce,

By that comment, I believe H2A means anybody could of walked in off the street and gotten a copy of that report which contained all the information she noted....SS#, DOB etc.

H2A please correct me if this is incorrect.

Russ

H
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
H
If you or anyone walked into the Crawford County Sheriff's Office and asked for an incident report involving Me and good'ol boy around the date of such n such they would have said hold on. They would have gone to the filing cabinet and pulled the incedent report. They would go over to the copier and made a copy. After giving them $2.50, you would walk away with 2 peices of paper. One paper listed the neighbor's name only. His SS#, Date of birth, etc was crudely blocked off with a thick permanant marker. My name, SS#, date of birth etc. is clearly typed in and visable. Why is my SS# even used by these people? I did not give it to them. They retrieved it from years ago when the state of AR used SS# for driver's licences.

Susan

R
Rad Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Sunil and Bruce have both given sage advise. Integrate and focus on the important things. I was isolated and enjoyed it, but, the daily wear and tear of dealing with people who always viewed me as a outsider finally got to the point that I either had to change or move. So I changed. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I had thought and most all of my neighbors consider me "one of the good foreigners". I will never be one of them, but they are respectful now, with just a few exceptions, they no longer steal from or cheat me.

I attend weddings, funerals and sons becoming monk parties on a regular basis as a favored guest. It is called, Go along to get along.

I will admit many times I wanted to get even, but common sense prevailed. My getting even now consists of never rewarding bad behavior, workmanship or attitude.

Spend you cash and emotion on getting your pond and property back in shape. Integrate into the community, post signs and call the sheriff every time you have a problem. Stay rational, stick to the issue and you will eventually be a happy person again, give the monkey on your back to the sheriff.

As for not rewarding bad behavior, in your case an anonymous call or letter to Fox16, they did a piece a while back on identy theft, telling them how a county sheriff is selling ssn to anyone who walks in the door might just put the good ole boy on the hot seat for a few minutes. It is not against the law for him to do it, but, as a law enforcement officer he would be considered unethical by his peers and at election time could be a point. He knows the value of the ssn or he would not have taken the trouble to blank out the other one.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I have read this thread several times over the past four days but haven't weighed in on this simply because it is way outside my area of expertise and to me there is nothing humorous about what is happening to you Helpless (most of the time humor, or at attempt at such, is what I interject into a thread).

I am heartsick to hear what is happening to you. Whether or not you have any criminal or civil legal remedies are beyond the scope of my knowledge but to me there is no doubt that morally this neighbor of yours is severely lacking.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
We had a situation not to far from where I lived with my parents -- before I got married -- that was interesting to say the least. A retired gentleman had a younger neighbor that was harrassing him. He stole the gentleman's firewood, and did all kinds of malicious things to his property. And he not only got away with it he mocked the retired gentleman. The gentleman reported all of this to the local police but they refused to take him seriously. I guess they wrote him off as a nutjob. Finally the retired gentleman couldn't take it anymore and shot the guy -- once again stealing his firewood -- and killed him. Suddenly the local police take great interest in the situation. The gentleman is of course arrested and is serving time in prison last I heard. But what really floored the local "good ol' boys" was he was a retired policeman from the second largest city in the state! I guess if they had bothered to take any interest in the situation they would have found that out.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/10/08 11:26 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

H
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
H
PIT BULL ATTACK ON VIDEO

I have a video of the neighbor's pit bull attacking my old blind mare. The sheriff's deputy, while staring at the video told me that since I had not taken the horse to the vet and spent money on injuries, they would do nothing. I started the video as I ran down there, deep into my property line. My barn and 'one of a kind' riding ring is clearly visible. When I tried to chase away the pit bull, he stacked at attention and tried to stare me down.

F
Lunker
Lunker
F
I wish I lived closer, I would volunter to come over and help you out with the BS your going through. Doesn't any of your clients have any pull in your area?

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Good point. Surely, the parents of the kids that you teach are in positions to be helpful. If they "don't want to get involved" remind them that this guy is likely to do anything anytime. Of course, then they might panic and pull their kids out of your riding classes. This is really sad - you need to get to the sheriff's boss - how about the DA's office?

Just do it...
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: helpless2act
PIT BULL ATTACK ON VIDEO

I have a video of the neighbor's pit bull attacking my old blind mare. The sheriff's deputy, while staring at the video told me that since I had not taken the horse to the vet and spent money on injuries, they would do nothing. I started the video as I ran down there, deep into my property line. My barn and 'one of a kind' riding ring is clearly visible. When I tried to chase away the pit bull, he stacked at attention and tried to stare me down.

Reminds me of the summer I had a guy come out and strafe me with his huge power boat anytime I fished within 50 yds. of his pier. Mind you this was a public lake and I had a right to fish anywhere I wanted to. When I asked a C.O. (supervisor of the entire region) if I got this on video, with a boat number and the guy in the boat if they could do something, the answer was, "No. "I need a name to go with the face." In other words don't bother me with this.

Needless to see I haven't been on a local public lake in a few years. It's just no fun anymore. The boat and jet ski traffic is horrendous and the rudeness is appalling.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/11/08 06:54 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

H
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
H
None of my clients know what is happening. When my 4 year old student gets on a horse and they start setting off fireworks on the other side of the fence, I just laugh it off when the parents say 'don't the horses spook when they do that'. I say, 'just think, when we are at a show and a car backfires somewhere, the horses won't even flinch'.

The most powerful client I have at the moment is a surgeon. I feel they will pull their kids if they know. These law enforsement Barney Fifes and judges around here don't have enough sense to put their kids in a really good program where we don''t abuse animals and we learn the parts of a horse, and other conservative curriculi. (is that a word?) lol

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Do you think that they are trying to run you off, and buy your property - for a cheap price?

Just do it...
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Helpless, how about calling this neighbor and discussing the damages? Record the call. Maybe even an across the fence coversation could correct at least some of the issues (record that too just in case). No matter what, don't put yourself in harms way though and keep emotions out of it. Simply state the facts and ask him how he is going to correct the damages. Having a recording may help in taking further action if he doesn't do the right thing but he is your neighbor and you should give him the opportunity to make peace.

The recordings could make a good background track on a video posted on youtube with a link emailed to everyone that could help.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
Ryan,that youtube thingy sounds like a real good idea to me.The more publicity the better I would think.

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Sending the video to others in his social circle or even his minister may yield some results. Peer pressure can be quite powerful in tight knit communities...and is a lot cheaper than a lawyer.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Are there any Arkansas or OK. good samaritans on the forum looking for extra duty?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bobbss, dap, Gearhead, gman5298, hidden pastures
Recent Posts
Concrete pond construction
by esshup - 04/27/24 07:04 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by nvcdl - 04/27/24 03:56 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/27/24 01:11 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build