Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Kendal, BoomerTC35D, cjschuhmann, Teroni, EGS
18,531 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,015
Posts558,532
Members18,532
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,606
ewest 21,513
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,160
Who's Online Now
14 members (H20fwler, Brian from Texas, Bigtrh24, Jason D, GunBoss, FishinRod, Boondoggle, Drago, phinfan, Sunil, Don Kennedy, Snipe, canyoncreek, iamjimmyjones), 886 guests, and 200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#124836 07/13/08 08:29 PM
T
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
T
As many of you may or may not know, this was the first trip to the great state of Texas for both Andy Jansen and I. We had a ball! We were treated like kings by every member of the Pond Boss staff, the vendors and the moderators. Ya'll made us feel like family. We were introduced to many new concepts and met a lot of very interesting people. We also discovered that there is no such thing as "pop" and Shiner Bock really isn't that bad. There was a plethera of information and hospitality for us to absorb while we were there. And we would like to thank everyone for making us feel welcome. This was our first and definetly not our last trip to the Pond Boss convention. Once again thank ya'll.

Fisheries Biologist
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks

"Success is often overlooked because it dresses up in overalls and disguises itself as work."
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Using the word "y'all" gets you additional bonus points from Texas. I'm glad you two enjoyed yourselves, and I hope to see "y'all" at many more conferences.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Glad you enjoyed it.

Ya'll come back, ya he'ah?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Lunker
yee haw!~

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
It is us who should be thanking you guys for all the work you did in helping put on the show. Glad yall got home safe !

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
It was nice meeting you two guys. And yes there is "pop," just not in Texas, as we have it in Indiana too.

What's your temps now in SD? It's a cool 64 back in Indiana right now. Highs in the low 80's. My dad says they got rain about every day up here while I was gone. To bad it can't shift south where it's needed.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
From me personally. An extrmely heartfelt Thank You goes to Tyler and Andy. They were a tremendous help to me and all Pond Boss Staff. I think they definetaly got a work out over the few days of Pond Boss Conference. These guys went above and beyond the call of duty and performed admirabaly. Thank You.

Tyler, if you need some Shiner let me know. Maybe we can meet half way or something. Of course I can't promise that all I buy will make it to you.

Fisheries Biologist, Texoma Hatchery.
www.texomahatchery.com
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Have to agree with little bro. Y'all were a tremendous help to everyone at the conference.

Tyler, don't forget to have Chad bring you the Dr Pepper also.

T
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
T
Cecil: We also had rain the entire time that I was gone. We still have a couple of fields of hay drying at the moment.

Chad: Thanks for everything you did to make us feel at home. I would definetly meet you half way. I could probably throw together a Pheasant hunt for some good southern Striper fishing. I would even bring Pabst Blue Ribbon along for you to try!

Chuck: Thank you too for everything. I did get some Shiner in my luggage before I left, and i got a 12pk of Dr. Pepper today.

Fisheries Biologist
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks

"Success is often overlooked because it dresses up in overalls and disguises itself as work."
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
When I first came across tj, he and Young Blood were helping Cecil unload the diorama from Cecil's car into the convention center. I got involved and gave moral support to tj & Young Man as they navigated through those bogus front convention doors. It was a tight squeeze.

Then when we went to go into the actual show floor area, those doors were even tighter. In hindsight, we should have just used the 10' wide cargo door that was only 10' away.

You guys did a lot of work for the show ie/ with the auction, and you stood up to some intense late night interrogations from myself, Overton, Fikes, and Blaine too if I recall correctly.

Great meeting both you and Andy, and thank you for all the help!

(PS - don't think I'm not reporting everything to the good Doctor....).

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Don Wallace, scott69
Recent Posts
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by H20fwler - 05/17/24 10:51 AM
Trapping the Crays
by FishinRod - 05/17/24 10:16 AM
Bird Deter for patio furniture....
by Energymble - 05/17/24 04:46 AM
BG sex?
by Bill Cody - 05/16/24 08:50 PM