Spent a couple hours Saturday (90 F with a foul hot wind from the SW) fishing about noon. Managed a 1 lb CC on a 5" BG (I know...what was she thinking?) and a 5 lber on a 4" gill.

Sunday went back out, about same time and caught another big CC on a gold hook & worm while baitfishing. Managed about 60 BG (all males) off the spawning beds. Maybe 15 were actually cleanable, and half a dozen were REALLY nice even from an established pond.

Caught half a dozen RES too. None of them were overly huge, but they were fat and ready to spawn. Lack of snails probably keeps 'em from getting huge, but they're doing what they're meant to do.

The bass I caught averaged about 2.5 lbs or so, with one fat bastidge at 4.5 lbs. I keep thinking I'll see the bass get skinny, so I know they are keeping the BG under control, but I must not be at the point of crowding, just yet. Remember, the goal in this pond is skinny bass, and large BG...we'll get there, someday.

Wind blew like he#$, hot for so early, but at least I can walk 75 yards and catch fish!!! That was the plan and it's coming together!

Wouldn't mind seeing it stop raining (feels like blasphemy from my lips) for a bit. Poor folks on the rivers are bout ready to drown...set up like '93 all over again, here in Iowa.

In a lifetime, the average driver will honk 15,250 times. My wife figures I'm due to die any day now...