Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BamaBass9, Sryously, PapaCarl, Mcarver, araudy
18,505 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,964
Posts558,011
Members18,506
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,541
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
15 members (Theo Gallus, Jason D, Sunil, Shorthose, rjackson, Bobbss, John Folchetti, Lake8, JoshMI, LeighAnn, FishinRod, canyoncreek, Drago, Boondoggle, highflyer), 1,281 guests, and 182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#119289 05/19/08 03:31 PM
D
deaner Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
The Odd Fellows are holding a screening clinc on May 23 at 1 pm to 3pm for children under the age of 18 for the Shreveport Children's Hospital. Dr.Bobby Burn will evaluate the children at the Wiggins Primary Care, 975 Hall St. Wiggins MS free of charge. Some of the orthopaedic problems most commonly treated are: Scoliosis, spina bifida/myelodysplasia, skeletal growth abnormalities, neuromuscular disorders, hand disorders, hip disorders, limb deficiencies, leg length decrepancies, and orthopaedic problems associated with cerebral palsy. The children will also be evaluated for severe scarring from burns and cleft lip/palate. If you know of a child that could benefit from expert medical care, totally free of charge please call 601-928-9200 to make an appointment now. The only thing we gain from this is gratification in knowing we have helped a child lead a more productive life. It is all about the children and helping where we can. We will evaluate children from the southern half of Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. No child will be turned away. If a child comes from another jurisdiction, they will be referred to the temple closest to them. At least the first step will be completed.

paul weatherholt
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Thanks for the notice, Deaner.

I speak from family experience when I say that scoliosis (abnormal spinal curvature) can be treated very successfully when detected while a child is still growing.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Very noble and honorable Deaner. This is an amazing group of guys and this serves as just another testament to the quality of you pondmeisters out there.

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

D
deaner Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
The time change is 1 pm to 3:30 pm . I need children in need of these services. I will stand outside of the doctors office so parents will be assisted and not wondering what they should do. If the hours do not work for you telephone 601 928 9200 and I will see that your child sees the doctor at your convenience. We have several people to assist you in filling out the paper work. All this is free of charge, Dr. Burns is very helpful in this procedure. Children up to the age of 18. Please look for the children in need of this medical care. It will give them thenfidence needed in their life. When we stand in front of Walmart or Piggly Wiggly we always have parents saying their child or someone they knew had received help. Children will be referred to the Shrine center where they live but this is just a formalty . Please see that the children get to the screening clinc and we will take care of the rest. BRING THE CHILDREN ON

paul weatherholt
D
deaner Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
We screened 6 children and I believe all will be accepted for the care of their needs. We had Masoic , Shriners and Odd Fellows with their ladies all working together for the children cause. The ladies did most of the paper work. In the Odd Fellows the ladies can be members. We started ou ab out a year ago with 2 members and we are now just under 25 people. We received a call after arriving home and my lady returned to greet a former patient and their parents. The young lady can now walk but she is still under the Shriner Hospital care. We received a very nice card from them and we will see that all organizations receive a copy. We love children and one parent could not believe this many adult strangers cared about their child. it is all about children and we care about their bodies and their needs.

paul weatherholt

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
HookedUp, nhnewbee, orgeranyc
Recent Posts
Where it all started 1 year ago today
by Jason D - 04/29/24 10:25 AM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by canyoncreek - 04/29/24 09:19 AM
GSH - Spawning Habitat
by FishinRod - 04/29/24 09:14 AM
American Feeder H 125 Fish Feeder