Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
macman59, jm96, flowindustrial, ksueotto58, John Folchetti
18,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,944
Posts557,786
Members18,481
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,508
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,140
Who's Online Now
5 members (JPierson, Boondoggle, esshup, Theeck, Steve Clubb), 1,029 guests, and 197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I got's me an idea...
I wanna build a Pond Slideshow. It's gonna feature all the ponds of Pond Boss. It will play with an appropriate background song. I'm hoping that I get so many feature pics that I'm gonna have to produce sequels to get them all on film.
-
I'm going to use a similar format as the cult blockbuster (link at bottom of page) that Bski Productions unleashed a couple of months ago. Except for the aerial shots at the beginning, each of those pics is on the screen for just under 5 seconds. I had to adjust exposure to match it up with the length of the song. More exposure time on the PB presentations will be in order. That's why I surely hope that there are plenty of pond presentations to make more sequels than the Rocky films. I also plan to dial back the genre of the music a bit; maybe a bit more country'ish. I am open for music ideas. Remember, tho, the tune has got be available out of your library and upload'able. I can tell you right now, I already have the first recording artist lined up for the first screenplay, but I'm gonna need ideas and pics for the sequels.
-
I've thought about this quite a bit. I want 2 shots of each pond. Your 2 best shots (of course). I will be adjusting all pics in the editing room to 640 wide (landscape shots, preferred) or 480 wide (portrait shots). I will also be adjusting image quality to keep the Kb size down. BOTTOM LINE: send me your pics in the largest, normal format that you already have them and I will take it from there. Also, send your Pond Boss forum name and name of the property (ie; Heybud's Lazy W) because I'm going to inscribe the I.D. into each photo so we know who's pond we are enjoying during the Slideshow. If you prefer to remain anonymous, just send the pic with a note to withold identification.
Send the pics to my brettski6969 at yahoo address (click on my name at the upper left of this post, view profile, and then my email address) Attach the pics with the I.D. info.
-
I'm keeping the pics off of this thread for a couple of reasons:

• I expect that many of the pics will be very large and will booger up this thread page viewing format
  • I want to keep the stars of the Slideshow a secret until the premiere
  • I want to reserve this thread for ideas on music or any other twists in the plot

-
...here is my vision:

• I'm going to post the Slideshow on my LNP website and provide a direct link here at the forum.
  • If the Mod's see fit, we will transfer the Slideshow(s) directly to the PB forum.
  • I will provide a disc to the Mod's so they can play these new PB Slideshows at the Pond Boss Conference.
  • I don't mind doing the work, but I sure would like forum participation in the form of pics. Production ideas are also very welcome.
  • Finally, if the Mod's see this venture as worthy, perhaps it should be Sticky'd to the top of one of the forum categories for awhile to see how it flies. I will keep you posted on progress. If it flops, we'll cash it in and go back to B&W silent movies.

Last edited by Brettski; 04/20/08 09:09 PM.
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
B'ski that is an ambitious task. I started one (no music) but it has lots of other pond stuff. Over 600 pics on a DVD which was premiered at the 07 PB conference. It takes a 6 gig DVD to hold it. I mined the forum for 6 weeks finding pond pics and such then got Bob to provide 350 pics of his then Bill Cody provided pics as did Theo and Bruce. Other sources were added and some pics had text added. The topic dividers are the Pond Boss Mag covers. It took from Sept to Feb to complete. You are welcome to use the pics.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Thanks for the feedback, Ewest...
-
 Quote:
that is an ambitious task

Maybe not. Software is amazing.
-
 Quote:
Over 600 pics on a DVD which was premiered at the 07 PB conference

If I got 300 different pondmeisters to provide 2 of their best pics of their pondal pride, I would be thrilled. No worries yet...
-
 Quote:
(Over 600 pics) It takes a 6 gig DVD to hold it

Compression, my man...compression. A good, compact slideshow doesn't need anywhere near that much room
-
 Quote:
It took from Sept to Feb to complete

See above note on software ;\) ...we're talking minutes to an hour or 2 maximum with all the trimmings.
-
 Quote:
You are welcome to use the pics

I would if each of the pond owners approves use and believes that it is their best 2 shots AND might allow me to identify the pond and forum name. It's pretty important that I am collecting and organizing a slideshow that is current and boasts specific forum member accomplishments. I want the forum members to see a pic and know that it belongs to one of our PB brethren.

Lunker
Lunker
Another Spielbrettski Production!

I've been brainstorming possible titles for you:

"Close Encounters of the Pond Kind"
"Raider of the Lost Pond"
"Jurassic Pond"
"Saving Private Pond"
"Indiana Ponds and Other States', 2"
"1941 1/2"

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
If the man is up for it...

I've got a pic or two, but I'd want to get another one or two, but it'd be at least two weeks from now.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Great idea Brettski. Pictures sent.

Mistakes are proof that you are trying.

Dan
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Got 'em...yessirree, Dan knows how to show off his stuff. C'mon ya'll...send me the best 2 shots. It ain't how big it is...it's how you use it.
-
It couldn't be easier.
Click the email link above; open your pic's in another window and pick out the 2 best shots; left click on the pic while holding the button down, drag and drop the pic onto the email and it should attach. Type your forum name and the name of the pond into the email text body. Let 'er rip.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
What if you have more than one pond ?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
2 pics per pond; multiple ponds by one owner are welcome. If the response is strong enough to warrant numerous slideshow sequels, it is possible that ponds might get split up and acted out in separate flicks (the "2 pics per pond" will stay together). In other words, Pic #1 & #2 of your first pond will stay together in Slideshow #1. Pic #1 & #2 of your second pond will stay together in Slideshow #2.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Although my pond is full but not yet landscaped etc, I'll send you 2 pics in a week or so. I can't wait for the end result. Sometimes I get more ideas by looking at pictures than reading. Thanks for your efforts.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Hey Brettski,
Very cool idea you have going here, and I will try to get a couple pics of my place. But, I just wanted to let you know that I have read that it is not a good idea to post your e-mail on a public forum, because these people that send all these spam messages use web crawling software to locate anything that resembles an e-mail address and then you will be bombarded with spam. The way I've seen to disguise it is to post something like this: brettski6969 "AT" yahoo "DOT" com.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
thanx bbjr...text adjusted accordingly.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Dang, I guess I'll have to buy a camera.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Dang, I guess I'll have to buy a camera.

Ive got one,guess Ill have to learn how to use it

I subscribe
Some days you get the dog,and some days he gets you.Every dog has his day,and sometimes he has two!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Guv, stick with film; the new digital ones are way over your head.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

P
Lunker
Lunker
P

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Thanks Phoebe...you'll be in the first and original release.
...but
I need about 18 more actors for the show. Give it up peep's.

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
I will get mine to you...do they need water? ahahaha, bulldozers are just now coming in on my new place.

I was impressed at what ewest did, last conference we were all milling around the PB booth sharing bs stories, the screen was scrolling ponds...That's Mine !!!

D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
confirmed, thanks b'ski. technology or not, it seems ambitious, and i'm looking forward to the pre-release viewing \:\)

GSF are people too!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Brettski,

A few photos sent this evening. You said you wanted BIG. I do hope that my new 960 Gigapixel camera doesn't clog the Internet. Anyway, if you don't get them, send me a PM.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Lunker
Lunker
Bski:

Pictures for both ponds have been E-mailed.

-Theo

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Thanks Theo...you're co-star in our first production....if we can ever get all the pond-actors required to produce our first film...
-
So far, many thanks go out to: Catmandoo, Dan Paterson, DIED, ericdc, Gary Texas, Heybud, Phoebe, Ryan Freeze, and Theo. I have documented evidence that ya'll have cameras and ponds. Thanks for answering the casting call.
-
That leaves 4000-something other forum members...?

Lunker
Lunker
Brettski travels all over the country on business. Don't make him crash your place with a camera in one hand and a steel brochure in the other, looking for sales, free food, and (reportedly) pond pictures.

-S. M. Stirling
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
...have lunch, will travel
it can get ugly

R