Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,082
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
8 members (homewardbound, Justin W, Sunil, DenaTroyer, Freg, Donatello, jludwig, catscratch), 756 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
I was thinking I need to spend more time on the website. I do pay attention, but don't have enough time to read all the threads. And, I know there are some threads I should watch, plus some I should answer.
So, here's an idea. I was thinking that next Wednesday evening, from 7 p.m. (CDT) until we all give up, I will be available on the website forum to read and discuss and exchange information for those of you who want to. But, I want to hear from you first. If that's a good idea, please respond to this thread. If not, no feelings hurt, I'll just keep doing what I do.
If so, let's budget some time and trade some thoughts?
What do you all think?

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Bob even thou you shafted me I still like you. Dave and George said I don't have a choice if I want to hang around. Before I give up my wimpbe littled self again. Are you on RFD Mon a day or not? And what time. Is that thought enough to start or not?

Last edited by rockytopper; 04/02/08 08:14 PM.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'll definitely be there. I'll bet that we break a record for viewership. We should be reminding people on Tuesday so we don't forget! I'd be totally excited about it.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It'll be "Ask the Lusk".

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Rockytopper, I am still embarrassed that I invited you to hang out with the moderators in January and then forgot. My bad...ten lashes.
Yes, I am on RFD-TV's Monday Night Live next Monday at 7 pm CST from Nashville, Tennessee. I'll be on with Dr. Mark Griffin and the famous founder of B.A.S.S. Ray Scott. I think we spend about 15 minutes setting the stage for what we are doing and then take phone calls. It's an hour show, total, live TV.
Also, so you will know, yes, it was me on Bass Edge last Saturday and yesterday. I had an opportunity to shoot a few vignettes for them.
I also shot six vignettes for Purina's Animal Makeover TV on RFD-TV so be watching for those, too. As we shot those, I was talking with the director/producer, Max Fisher, from St. Louis and casually asked him if he had been paying attention to the ratings of Animal Makeover. He smiled quick and said, "Of course." Dumb question, I guess. He then told me my segment last year was the second most favorite...right behind the guy who teaches people what they can do with their rural backyards to attract birds and wildlife. I think I might like this TV stuff.
Let's all get together next Wednesday and hang out on the website for a few hours.
Forgive me, yet, Rockytopper?
If you guys want to have a cookout at LL,2 late this summer, let's plan something. You guys plan it, we'll host it...but I don't have an inch of time to work to put it together...not with producing PB, getting ready for the conference and doing what I do to make a living.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bob,

I think it is a great idea. If this should become a possibility, I would hope I could get some of my friends to participate. As a hobbyist in an area with thousands of ponds, I get asked a lot of questions -- but, they just ask questions -- then never put the answers into practice.

If you really are going to be on RFD-TV on Monday night (RFDTV Monday Night?) , please make it known during your show, that you will be available on the Pond Boss site. It may take a couple of months to make this really work, but I think can become extremely popular -- and profitable (what advertiser could resist?).

Thanks for all you do,
Ken G.

Edit: Bob, I guess we posted at the same time, and not long after Bruce. Please ignore all that is redundant. Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
If we get a strong response next Wednesday, I'll see about doing it regularly. Let's see what happens.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I think it would be a good idea and something very worth trying if you have enough time to make the time for it. The exchange would be a great addition to the forum. If we find that activity is slow or decreasing then it can be on to more productive things. I am ready to tune in on Wednesdays. Heck, I am always here anyway each night. I can be part of the support staff. Rah, Rah, Lusk. Give me a L ......Gimme a U...... Gimme a S....

Last edited by Bill Cody; 04/02/08 08:29 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Bob all I can say is be yourself just like last years RFDTV. Your abality to connect with the common person like most of us pretty much stole last years show. Do the same here. Let it be known that certain topics are to be discussed during a given time period or else your going to be over whelmed. you could open discussion to personal topics at the end or answer them directly as you have time or defer to the next time period.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I feel stupid. What is RFDTV? Bob..ask Ray for one of his gold bass coins, I am sure he will have one on him.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
RFD-TV is on Dish Network and one or two cable companies. They are negotiating to air on all the cable companies. It's a channel designed for rural living, farms, ranches that sort of thing.
I've spent lots of time with Ray...I have seen him give away more than a handful of his little gold coins. He finally offered one to me last year. It sits on my office shelf, next to the autographed crankbait he signed for me on our fishing trip last Thanksgiving week at the unknown sacred place in some third world country.

Rocktopper...for the first one, I'll suggest we start with pond topics and steer away from too much personal stuff. After all, this isn't about me...it's about you guys and your ponds.

You guys spread the word...about RFD-TV appearance as well as the Wednesday night gig here. Tell the world and let's see how many people we can get online at once, just like you guys were doing a week or so ago.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I hope my friend Victor checks in on Wednesday and puts you to task. He has a thread (Selecting a site; ref Victor and Victoria) requesting help on a somewhat different type of site. Victor provided an exceptional presentation on cementitious siding within the Human Habitat thread; he's a player.
-
As an aside, I was watching RFDTV quite awhile before your first appearance. Yeah, a city boy from the 'burbs of Chicago. Sometimes I get all caught up in weed and pesticide reviews; stuff like that. Is there something wrong with me?

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I'm in ! It could get out-of-hand. Give some thought about how to do this and what to cover. For example I could envision 10 stunted LMB threads and 5 fertilizer threads and 20 what about this fish species thread and 20 what is wrong with my pond and 15 what is this plant and what should I do threads all going on at once. That would not be an efficient use of the resource.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'm in. I might just read what is going down. I will probably save my questions for when I get Bob cornered at the convention. (I probably will need a couple other folks to help)

Last year when he shook my hand and stopped by my table to chat, I could barely remember my name and where I was from. A question/answer session would probably be pretty popular at the convention too!

Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
All Bob has to do is the Pond Boss equivalent of playing 12 games of chess at the same time. I say he's up to it.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
12 games of chess simultaneously is about right. Create a Wed night "Ask the Boss" topic area? Maybe later move the separate threads to the appropriate atea?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Most of you don't remember when Lusk did this on the "OLD" forum - with far fewer participants.
I was too dumb to ask a question publicly but he responded by email to my dumb question about the BIG mistake made on stocking adult LMB soon after intial stocking of CNBG/RES

I well remember his answer - "stock 7 adult hand sized CNBG for every adult LMB stocked".
Thanks Bob...

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
George, you jogged my memory... I do remember that on the original forum, 2001 or early 2002 before that forum was destroyed. A lot of good information was lost at the time but this forum has far surpassed that in its 6 years of life.

Mistakes are proof that you are trying.

Dan
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Dave I think you are on to a good way to try this. One thread for all the questions. Questions and (follow ups) and Bob's answers only. The rest of us should refrain from answering on that thread. Bob I can be by the phone also if that would help. I think I will have a couple of questions ready.

If anyone wants they can PM the mods their questions early and we can group them for an answer.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Who are you again??? ;\)

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Bump! This is tonight, correct??

From Bob Lusk: I am on RFD-TV's Monday Night Live next Monday at 7 pm CST from Nashville, Tennessee. I'll be on with Dr. Mark Griffin and the famous founder of B.A.S.S. Ray Scott. I think we spend about 15 minutes setting the stage for what we are doing and then take phone calls. It's an hour show, total, live TV.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
7:00 PM Central Purina Mills “Live”
“Purina Fish Feed.” Live call-in format with Q&A from expert panel.

Who has a call in number?

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
So is this website event gonna happen on Wednesday the 9th???

I'm glad Mike asked about RFD, I've never heard of it. Is there any way we can get copies of the show on DVD? Do they have a site to order shows from?

Can I play I take my personality suppression medication and promise not to hijack threads or alter photos?

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump
by esshup - 03/26/24 09:47 PM
Newly Uploaded Images