Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,973
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
6 members (gehajake, catscratch, sprkplug, STG, FishinRod, Donatello), 1,157 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JHFV Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
J
Hi my name is Jesse Farnsworth and im a pondaholic! I thought I would get that out of the way before I give my testimony. I visit this site about 2 hours a day everyday and I cant get enough. I suscribe to the magazine to. My pond is 1 acre. I bought 400 dollars worth of small rocks to put around my pond 2 weeks ago. Im buying another 400 worth of big rocks to decorate the sides. My wife ask what are you gonna do with those rocks and how much did they cost? Well a friend of mine needed some where to dump them so I told him he could bring them here. Im gonna put them in the pond so you wont see them. Ha! So I read the magazine about blocking nets and you guessed it I bought 80 dollars worth of nets so I can try to raise fhm and golden shiners in part of my pond. I cant wait for that one! I bought 200 dollars worth of fish from TODD OVERTON last fall and im gonna buy another 500 dollars worth of fish from TODD in a month. (WIFE) Where are you going today? To the fish farm. What for? To buy some more fish. But you just spent 200 dollars on fish and the damn pond is full of fish already, but honey im gonna get some different kind this time. She dont get it. Oh and I love going to TODD'S place. Im like a 5 year old kid and the candy store. Im gonna buy a fish feeder from todd this year and those aren't cheap. (WIFE) Honey whats that big metal box down there buy the pond? Oh its just a box im gonna keep the fish food in so I dont have to carry a bucket from the garage down to the pond! I know I can get away with that one. and when im at TODD'S place, its an 1 1/2 from my house, im always thinking damn these guys are lucky they get to work here, I wonder if I could get a part time job here. So when I get about half way home im thinking nah its to far to drive but I bet I could dig 2 smaller ponds on my place and raise some fish in those. Yeah theres just enough room for one on this side and I could put another one over here! By that time im pulling in the driveway with the fish, jump out set the bags in the water smoke a cigarette, pour some water from the pond in the bag. Smoke another cigarette let the fish go in the water and watch them swim off. hmm. Load up the truck, back to the house sit on the couch and think damn I spend alot of money on this stuff. But hell she goes shopping all the time and spends hundreds of dollars so I get a smile on my face and I feel better. PS im gonna have todd come and do a survey this year and thats 650. (WIFE) Honey who is that down at the pond in that boat? Aw its just an old buddy from high school that wanted to come over and fish!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
You can count me among the pondaholics as well. I do things and buy things for lake and ask for forgiveness from my wife later.

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
It is easier to be forgiven than it is to get permission.

Bing

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
JHFV, I feel your pain buddy. That's a hilarious post.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Been there, done that. Got a T Shirt and a cap with a patch. You forgot about the therapeutic effects of beer when watching the fish.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I thought I was a weirdo until this forum started getting all the nutjobs. I couldn't reason why I loved raising fish so much. Now I don't think I have too much of a problem becuase I do stop to work sometimes which is way better than some of you guys.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well you're in good company here JHFV. We all suffer from a similar mental illness here at Pond Boss. Although this forum has people from all different walks of life, in all different parts of the country (some even in foreign countries) we have one thing in common. We have a hole in the ground filled with water, money, blood, sweat, tears and of course fish. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
O
Lunker
Lunker
O
Jesse,

Your permission to post that testimony on my website?

Great stuff.

It's ALL about the fish!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: BrianH
I thought I was a weirdo until this forum started getting all the nutjobs.

...it's good to be King

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Poor Brettski doesn't even realize what a head-case he is really going to be once he sees his fish this spring.

When he lands his first fish.....well, forget about it!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
You know you're really in trouble when feeding and raising them is more fun than catching them!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
JHFV Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
J
Sure thing TODD and I will see you soon. I always end up telling her the truth I just wait till were in bed and she's half a sleep! She goes shopping all the time and trust me she doesnt run in the door and say heres the reciept from shopping today. Its always her walking through the den, and me saying oh those are new or nice necklace.

N
Lunker
Lunker
N
Hi, I'm Chad, I haven't been sober since I got the go ahead to manage my first pond a couple weeks back. Lots to learn and already folks are starting to take notice of my... "problem." Here's a post from my other fishing forum.

Quote:
Chad,
Are you obsessed with this farm pond thing or just tired of winter??

And my answer.

Quote:
Obsessed.

The Lab
A 5-acre Stunted BG Project
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

But the problem is, I don't have a problem!

It's just like the quote from the movie "Man of the House" when Tommy Lee Jones explains why he no longer drinks:

Woman: Didn't like yourself when you were drinking, huh?
Tommy Lee Jones: I loved myself when I was drinking. It was the other people that had the problem!

If people think I'm crazy about my ponds, THEY'RE the ones with the problem, not me! Say it with me: "We're normal."

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
My wife is the pondaholic. She wants to go fishing every day. I have to talk her out of going fishing on rainy and cold days. Life is so hard when you have a wife like that. ;\)

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
We're normal, We're normal, We're normal..

(he says while staring at the monitor)

Wife walks in and says "Who are you takling to?"

No one, just thinking out loud.....he replies

Wife walks away muttering.. "You and that damn pond"

OK, Guys. Are there 11 more steps in this program like in my

other programs?

I'm ready for the next one.........

Mistakes are proof that you are trying.

Dan
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
ponds r us

GSF are people too!

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
This is great, those of us fortunate enough to turn it into a career and get to help people with their ponds are doubley blessed.

My problem is that I continually try to convince my wife that new fishing tackle, rods, reels, etc are a business expenses. For some reason she doesn't buy that.

Fisheries Biologist, Texoma Hatchery.
www.texomahatchery.com
Lunker
Lunker
Does the IRS buy it? That's the rub.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
bz Offline
Lunker
Lunker
B
This is a really good post for me to read right now. I'm stuck in DC for the week meeting with a bunch of stuffed shirt executives. I just don't fit in here. I'd rather talk ponds than Wall Street business. You should see there faces when they ask me talk about hobbies. They expect to hear about tennis clubs and golf games. I tell them I live on 80 acres and hunt, raise fish, and plant food plots and the conversation just shuts right down. They got no appreciation. There wives are sitting in the "Spa Minerale" while my wife feeds the horses. I'm really pond sick!

Gotta get back to fishin!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I had dinner with bz a couple years ago. He's a regular Daniel Boone, but he cleans up real nice for dinner. \:D

B
bz Offline
Lunker
Lunker
B
Brettski, I'm quieter than you are and can't come up with the quick come backs so all I'll say is that I do thoroughly enjoy your posts. Even the ones that I'm not sure are compliments or not.

Gotta get back to fishin!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It was all meant as positive karma, bz. You are an excellent example of becoming one with the land. You live the life that many city-folk only see on TV, some of which dream of what it would be like. I also know your business side a little. You easily pass at any level of white collar you might care to portray. It's an enviable blend, and you live it very well.

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
It was all meant as positive karma, bz. You are an excellent example of becoming one with the land.

A regular Zen Cartwright?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
ug..

bz, i'll take some of them pond futures \:\)

GSF are people too!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by gehajake - 04/26/24 11:26 AM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by FishinRod - 04/26/24 10:12 AM
Compaction Question
by FishinRod - 04/26/24 10:05 AM
Prayers needed