Pond Boss
Posted By: GaPeachNanny Is this the correct lime? - 03/20/21 07:17 PM
I purchased at Tactor supple and she said it was ag lime; however I don’t see dolomitic on the bag.

It is made by Austinville Limestone and says that it is “Natural Source of Calcium &Magnesium.

The web site says that it is dolomitic..... I just don’t want to kill the fish before they are a week old in the pond. 😏

I haven’t figured out pictures with an iPad..... but I will!

I also scored a 50 pound bag of AquaMax Sport Fish that she had returned for $10

Thanks for any and all help!

Nancy
Posted By: Dilley Re: Is this the correct lime? - 03/21/21 01:28 PM
is it this stuff? https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/pro-aglime-pulverized-dolomitic-limestone
Posted By: GaPeachNanny Re: Is this the correct lime? - 03/21/21 04:10 PM

This is what we have

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/lawnlime-pelletized-dolomitic-limestone
Posted By: Augie Re: Is this the correct lime? - 03/22/21 04:06 PM
The pelleted lime is great for flower beds and vegetable gardens. It is a fast-acting lime, but will not cause caustic shock to plants.

I would want to see the MSDS before using it in a pond. The organic binder may or may not be something that would be of benefit,
but could be something that would cause undesirable side effects. Additionally, the cost to buffer a pond with pelleted lime I'm afraid
would be out of the ballpark expensive. When liming a pond the application rate is typically in tons/surface acre.

What you really want is the pure crushed limestone type of ag lime. It is generally purchased in bulk, and is quite inexpensive. The
last load I purchased ran $9/ton plus delivery.
Posted By: ewest Re: Is this the correct lime? - 03/22/21 06:48 PM
This will work fine - like what you posted. Cost is high compared to ag lime.

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Attached picture 131aMay102006084.jpg
Attached picture 131May102006082.jpg
Posted By: GaPeachNanny Re: Is this the correct lime? - 03/24/21 01:53 PM
[quote=ewest]This will work fine - like what you posted. Cost is high compared to ag lime.

Thank you!!!
© Pond Boss Forum