Pond Boss
Posted By: David Connor Pond Fertilizer - 04/28/14 03:48 PM
I just put in my fertilizer for my pond on 4-22-14.

10 acres
12 lbs per acre

Pond Pro 10-52-4

This is all I could find in my area. I was really wanting to put in Trophy Maker but I did not have any luck finding it locally.

I spread it out with my boat, We have had a doimant south wind for the last week and have noticed the North end (shallow end) has a grey or silver hays over it. Im assuming the wind has pushed a lot of the fertilizer up there. Any ideas as to when I should start seeing results?
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Fertilizer - 04/28/14 07:59 PM
Were you fertilizing last year ? What is your water temp and alkalinity ? Any soil or water tests? Not sure there is much difference in most of the water soluble pond fertilizers. At one time they were all made by one plant and marketed under different labels.
Posted By: David Connor Re: Pond Fertilizer - 04/29/14 03:10 AM
water temp is 72.

Not sure on the rest, just went with what overton fisheries recommended. He tested the water. Ive noticed the FA kick into high gear in the last couple of days.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Fertilizer - 04/29/14 01:37 PM
If Todd tested the water then go with what he said. You should ask him what the readings were and keep a notebook of pond info for your use.
Posted By: David Connor Re: Pond Fertilizer - 05/19/14 07:16 PM
It has almost been a month since applying fertilizer and haven't noticed anything. Im guessing it didn't work. Should I try again?
© Pond Boss Forum