Pond Boss
Posted By: bassmower arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 05:04 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has dealt with this company they have a truck coming to my town in June.I am needing grass carp and they also have feed trained lmb I was thinking of getting some of them. How many carp would you put in a 1 acre pond with lots of southern naide in it? Thanks for the help
Posted By: Rainman Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 05:16 PM
I would suggest 9 GC at 12"+. After 3 years. remove the largest 1/3 (3) and replace with new 12+ inchers....and replace the largest 1/3 every year after. If after 3 years, you need more non-FA vegetation control, add 3 extras...if there is too much control, remove 3 extra.
Posted By: esshup Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 05:26 PM
+1 with what Rex said. If they don't have the larger ones, just remember if you have LMB already in your pond that the LMB can eat a GC that is 1/3 it's size or slightly larger due to their fusiform shape.
Posted By: RC51 Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 05:35 PM
I have bought fish from them 3 times. They are ok but most times don't have very big stuff. The GC I got from them were like 6 to 7 inches. They didn't have anything any bigger. The BG and RES I got from them were ok but in the 3 inch range. They are limtied as to what they can carry on that truck so you may not end up getting 12 inch GC. I had to actually got to a fishery to get them.

RC
Posted By: bassmower Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 06:29 PM
when I called they said they would be 6 to 11 inches. Now I know what I will probably end up with bass food. The problem down in south Ga. is there are no hatcheries nearby that I can find. Thanks again for the help
Posted By: RC51 Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 06:39 PM
Yeah if you get any 9 plus I will be suprised! But you never know. Good Luck man.

RC
Posted By: bassmower Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/23/14 06:58 PM
I thought kens hatchery had closed I just found a new number for them and they have 8 to 10 inch for 12.50 a piece. They are located about an hour away. The price is the same as pondstockers so I think probably best to go with the 8 to 10 and hope they can measure.one more ? I have a 3'x 5'x 3' cage to go in the pond pondstockers said they have feed trained largemouth 2 to 3 inches long I was thinking of getting some and putting in the cage to grow out till big enough to release is this possible and how many I feed aqaumax 400 and 500 right now
Posted By: Rainman Re: arkansas pondstockers - 05/24/14 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: bassmower
I thought kens hatchery had closed I just found a new number for them and they have 8 to 10 inch for 12.50 a piece. They are located about an hour away. The price is the same as pondstockers so I think probably best to go with the 8 to 10 and hope they can measure.one more ? I have a 3'x 5'x 3' cage to go in the pond pondstockers said they have feed trained largemouth 2 to 3 inches long I was thinking of getting some and putting in the cage to grow out till big enough to release is this possible and how many I feed aqaumax 400 and 500 right now

Maybe his Hogzilla spoof being exposed by Nat Geo as some nice Condello poses sent him back to marketing Georgia Giants again...
© Pond Boss Forum