Pond Boss
Posted By: azteca Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 02/09/22 10:26 PM
Hello.

I can't wait to see the difference between Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass.

Eggs retrieval.
Eggs size difference.
The color of the fertilized eggs.

If there is a difference in the rearing of the larvae from spring to autumn.

If it is true that it is easier to raise Smallmouth bass from eggs than Yellow-perch.

If it is true that the Smallmouth bass is less shy than Yellow-perch, to come and eat by hand and other stuff that I already do with the yellow-perch.
A+
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 02/10/22 02:02 AM
Azteca - Do you know how much ice thickness you now have on your larger perch pond? How much snow is on the ground? Do remove snow off the ice?.
Posted By: azteca Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 02/10/22 04:23 PM
Hello.

I have always an air hole.

https://ibb.co/9N7SbsQ
A+
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 02/10/22 07:21 PM
Does the aerator run continuous in winter? How deep is the diffuser placed in winter?
Posted By: azteca Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 02/10/22 07:50 PM
Hello.

Yes all winter.

Around 3 feet.
A+
Posted By: esshup Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 03/01/22 04:55 AM
I have YP, SMB, HSB, BG, RES and I am working at getting all the LMB out of the pond.

The handle on this ice skimmer is 12" long, no the YP wasn't weighed nor measured, a neighbor caught it and released it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 03/01/22 03:39 PM
Nice!

In a year or two, you guys may need to buy the next larger size of ice auger. grin
Posted By: Omaha Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 03/01/22 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by esshup
I have YP, SMB, HSB, BG, RES and I am working at getting all the LMB out of the pond.

The handle on this ice skimmer is 12" long, no the YP wasn't weighed nor measured, a neighbor caught it and released it.

Scott, how do you like those inline reels? I picked up a couple but haven't had a chance to try them on the ice yet.
Posted By: esshup Re: Yellow-perch and Smallmouth bass - 03/01/22 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Omaha
Originally Posted by esshup

Scott, how do you like those inline reels? I picked up a couple but haven't had a chance to try them on the ice yet.

Josh, a buddy of mine took the pic. He has it and likes them. I have small spinning reels on mine.
© Pond Boss Forum