Pond Boss
Posted By: KCNewbie New property, old pond and a big surprise - 08/01/21 02:33 PM
Just recently closed on a new property a little ways down the road with a nice acre and a half - two acre pond. Bought it from and older couple and they said they son used to fish it was all they knew about it. After signing the papers ran out to check out my new money pit. Decided why not throw a few casts to see if there was anything in it. Fished for a while and caught about a dozen bass in the 2-3lbs range, one bass probably about 7lbs, a crazy bluegill that tried to eat a senko as long as it was. To my shock I caught about a dozen crappie in the 11-16 inch range. When and bought a measuring tape and a digital scale. Going to head back and record what I catch.
Congrats on the new property and the pond!

My wife has a "honey do" list for me this weekend to make repairs on our 100-year-old house. I wish MY "money pit" had a good bass population including lunkers, crazy bluegill, and eating size crappie! laugh
Posted By: Sunil Re: New property, old pond and a big surprise - 08/01/21 06:13 PM
Congratulations!!!
That's the ultimate good news surprise! sounds like the balance is decent already!
© Pond Boss Forum