Pond Boss
Posted By: denniscox Baytown/Houston Texas Area Pond Assistance - 03/08/21 01:13 AM
Hi all,
I have been reading a ton about ponds for a while - today I decided to create an account to get some help. I just purchased a property off the Trinity Bay in the Houston, Texas area. The existing property has a 1/4 acre pond (one of the reasons I bought it). I realize this is on the small size and would be willing to make it slightly bigger (up to 1/2 acre) but if possible would like to keep it 1/4 acre. The pond is in a sad state - which will sound strange but that's what I wanted.

I started decades ago with a 10 gallon fish tank and grew that to a 350 gallon reef tank that was so automated by me that I could leave it for months at a time without a worry. I enjoyed the process of watching it grow. However, I always wanted a pond for bass so I can fish! So hence the next step.

Anyway - I am having a bit of trouble finding assistance (commercial) or social (local liked minded folks) online. Does anyone have any references to companies or groups in that area (not koi)? I would really like to understand the condition its in (there is no aeration, etc.) and understand the depth/setup/layout of the pond and how to get it started on the right path. Happy to pay for the help (well not happy but its a necessary step most likely wink

Anyway - thank you for any suggestions - I have learned tons reading the forums.

Dennis
Dennis, welcome to the forum. We can do a lot here on the forum for you, you can post pictures, take measurements, catch measure and weigh fish that are in there, etc.
Posted By: Flame Re: Baytown/Houston Texas Area Pond Assistance - 03/08/21 01:08 PM
Dennis, I was born and raised in The Pasadena /Laporte area. My Dad and I used to shrimp in Trinity Bay years ago. And I still visit Sylvan Beach every year for a little fishing on the pier! I have lived in deep east Texas since 1980 and have been a member on this wonderful forum since 2014 I believe. Everyone on this forum has helped me build my dream of having a 2 acre pond on my property full of bass and bluegill. Ask lot's of questions. They are here to help. Good luck and welcome to pond boss!
© Pond Boss Forum