Pond Boss
Posted By: LaBassmaster Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/18/20 04:21 AM
I want to add Talipia to help with algae. I want to add a few and see if they can help clean up my 1 acre pond. Which ones are the best for this 70 -95° water temps? Blue, white, red or Haiwian? Thanks!
Posted By: anthropic Re: Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/18/20 07:36 AM
Sad to say, I believe it is illegal to stock Tilapia in Louisiana.
Posted By: ar_confederate Re: Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/18/20 01:03 PM
It is without a permit. My understanding is that you will be inspected before a permit is issued. I don't think that an outdoor pond would be approved.
Posted By: LaBassmaster Re: Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/19/20 02:52 AM
Bummer, Not allowed in ponds in Louisiana. I wonder how hard it is to get ONE Grass Carp?
Posted By: ar_confederate Re: Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/19/20 04:01 AM
I don't it's hard to get a permit but it has to be a triploid .
Posted By: Dudley Landry Re: Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/19/20 06:01 AM
My understanding is that permits are available if the Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries is convinced that they will be kept in an absolutely escape-proof enviornment.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Best Talipia for South Louisiana? - 02/21/20 12:29 PM
In Texas, we have to install excluders of some type to keep them from escaping into public waters prior to being able to purchase them.
© Pond Boss Forum