Pond Boss
Hello Nebraska Pond Boss Family:

Bob Lusk will be in Lincoln this week and would like to meet with as many forum members possible during his stay. Plans are to meet at Bruce Condello's dock on Wednesday, May 2nd at 6:30 PM.

Bob may shock the lake and share his findings, or we may just spend time addressing questions from attendees and covering all things pondy. We have a pretty loose agenda and our primary goal is simply to finally to meet one another and enjoy some fellowship.

So, I'm calling out all my Nebraska forum members to make the commitment and get out to the lake on Wednesday evening. Forum family in KS, MO, or IA - feel free to PM me and/or Bruce and we'll provide specific address for you. If you prefer to email me, do so at: tjhudson@hudrix.com

Don't miss this once in a lifetime chance to:

- Meet Bob Lusk - world's foremost authority on fishery and pond management

- Meet Bruce Condello - incredible angler, mad Bluegill scientist, and owner of the best dock in Nebraska

- See real life drama unfold as I try to swim the channel before Bob "flips the switch" on his shock boat

Bring your favorite beverage and a folding chair for our fireside chat. Shorty, Bullhead and Omaha are in...hope to see you there, too!

This is my RSVP!
If I line my pockets with baggies, you think I can smuggle a few bluegill home?
How many do you need? smile
Anywhere from 1 to 400. I guess I better wear my cargo pants.
Someone please send me directions so I don't end up on the neighbors dock. grin
Call me or Bruce on your way...we can guide you in. I'll be there plenty early hanging the CSBG pinatas and testing the human sling shot.
Originally Posted By: Bullhead
Anywhere from 1 to 400. I guess I better wear my cargo pants.

I can guarantee you at least one.
The pinata will be filled with CSBG. Bring your 5G buckets - gonna get crazy.
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
testing the human sling shot.

Very excited to find out how many skips we can get out of a TJ and how far 160 pounds will fly. Hopefully not to the other side of the pond.
Josh, I'm not the ammo - I built it. Might want to wear spandex.
Josh, I'm not the ammo - I built it. Might want to wear spandex.

Spandex is usually my Thursday routine, but ok, I'll bump it up a day.
I'm starting to have reservations about attending this!
You don't need reservations...we're not that organized and besides Bruce's dock could seat 150 comfortably. laugh
I'm bringing two buckets! I'm feeling lucky and I'm a scrapper!
What wears spandex, carries two buckets, and likes to scrap? Not exactly the riddle of the Sphinx...
I could also use those buckets as drag chutes if need be.
Yeah, keep you from entering the stratosphere following a successful launch. Wonder if they could be used as parachutes, too? What goes up, after all, must come down.
Only one way to find out.
What wears spandex, carries two buckets, and likes to scrap? Not exactly the riddle of the Sphinx...

Purse salesman?
ROFLMAO
You guys need to post pics and a good description of what happens !!!!!
Rest assured, Eric - whenever I'm having a good time there is always plenty of photographic documentation that seems to find itself onto the forum, whether I like it or not.
Should have video rolling for first launch.
Originally Posted By: ewest
You guys need to post pics and a good description of what happens !!!!!

Guaranteed!!! smile
Feel free to bring a chair or two along with you.
Fun night meeting everybody! I wish I could have stayed longer.

Love the dock Bruce!
Had a great time as well and agree, the only beef was that it didn't last longer. Thanks to Bruce for his hospitality. Thanks to Bob for taking the time to answer questions. And thanks to everyone else who showed up and made this what it was, a wonderful time!

Next one's at Shorty's! grin
Great fun last night! Thoughtful questions, good discussion.
We got to watch a huge female bass spawn with a really nice bass. Bruce shot some underwater video. If you've never seen the "dance" as bass spawn, this was it...she circled, tilted, he'd bump her, she'd turn almost horizontal as she laid those eggs. I thought we were at an underwater disco bar.
I think we had 13-14 people there and several lively discussions. Bullhead, Shorty, T.J., Teeg Stouffer, Omaha, Chris Steelman, Pete (who lives on the lake around the corner from Bruce). It's always fun to be around people of a common interest who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.
It was a pleasure to meet everyone. Thank you for a great time. The time flies when listening to the "fish tales" of Bob and Bruce. Glad I got the invite TJ. Thanks again! Brent
I laughed, I cried, I experienced everything from birth to death. Well not really, but I did get some free advice from "the man".
I left too early-forgetting about the CSBG pinata which must have been opened later.
I left too early-forgetting about the CSBG pinata which must have been opened later.

And we missed out on the human slingshot too. cry
Originally Posted By: Omaha

And we missed out on the human slingshot too. cry

Dang it! I was looking forward to that. grin

It was nice seeing you again Bob, you need to swing through Nebraska more often.
People from Minnesota weren't invited. shocked
Dwight it was an open invite !

Guys where are the pics ?
I got video of Teeg not catching fish. Does that count? grin
Sorry, I only managed a few photos to document our gathering, but I'm sure there are some others floating out there and will hopefully be posted soon. We were all engaged in spirited discussions, photos sorta slipped my mind. It was great to finally meet the guys from Recycled Fish [Teej and Alex] and Richard [Bullhead] and Brent [Fullpond] along with our other buddies.

Counter clockwise: Bruce, Bob, Chris Steelman, Shorty [Steve], Fullpond [Brent], Jason Schmutte, Bruce's sidekick, Pete, and Bullhead [Richard]. Josh, Frank, Alex and Teej were fishing, I believe.

This was taken just for JHAP

NE, KS and IA were specifically mentioned in the invite. You now how sens laugh itive I am to these things.
Since this was my first meeting, I didn't know that you were supposed to hide your beer when the paparazzi arrived.
Every PB gathering is an open invite. Don't wait for your named to be called just go. grin
Originally Posted By: Dwight

NE, KS and IA were specifically mentioned in the invite. You now how sens laugh itive I am to these things.

You are milking this for all it's worth, that's for sure. It's only a 5-6 hr. drive, should have headed down. There was even one beer consumed, by Bullhead. You could have easily increased our consumption by 100%.
Quote:
There was even one beer consumed, by Bullhead. You could have easily increased our consumption by 100%.

58% of statistics you read on the internet are made up.
Here is what we did when Bob stopped by last week at the start of his road trip. Genetic survey on 2 lakes. Chris did the fin clipping and insertion into the genetics vial. We weighed , measured and took pics with an id to the sample.

You guys must have more to show !!!
TJ shot quite a few photos...
Sorry guys, posted the three photos that ended up coming out well. Iphone isn't the best in low light conditions. I think Bruce's dad took quite a few...
Sorry guys, posted the three photos that ended up coming out well. Iphone isn't the best in low light conditions. I think Bruce's dad took quite a few...

He does that all the time..

....it wasn't a real camera.
Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello

He does that all the time..

....it wasn't a real camera.

I LOLed.

Your dad was a riot Bruce. Told me the story about the angler keeping worms in his mouth. laugh
My Dad is the best ever. He loved being around you guys.
© Pond Boss Forum