Pond Boss
Posted By: tz666 Catfish question? - 09/27/11 07:02 PM
I had 150 fingerling ccs that would be about 2yrs old and 25 that were 5lbs+ in my pond. I used cutrine plus and the next morning I had no FA and like 25-30 dead cats floating. Most all of them were the big ones. That has been 2 months ago and when my feeder goes off now I only see a couple of cats here and there. If my 150 2 year olds all died wouldnt they have floated. I dont see them flocking to the feed like they used to and Im wondering if they all died. But For sure I only pulled out 25-30 large cats. My 2 yr olds Im thinking were like 14 inches and Im not seeing any of them. Do any of yall think they are dead or still in there?
Posted By: jrichardson Re: Catfish question? - 09/27/11 07:37 PM
they are probably still in the pond if you only scooped out 25-30 dead ones. sure if all 150 were dead you would have seen alot of them floating, and have you tried fishing for them or net some of them out to check on if they are still there?
Posted By: tz666 Re: Catfish question? - 09/27/11 07:44 PM
its had been so hot that not many fish at all were biting but its starting to cool down and I will try fishing
Posted By: jludwig Re: Catfish question? - 09/27/11 09:13 PM
The same thing has happened to us. We have lost our larger catfish due to water levels and extreme heat. I always thought LMB weren't as tough as CC....
© Pond Boss Forum