Pond Boss
Guys, what is the right mix of male to female fish. I Stocked HBG, CNBG, RES, CC LMB, crappie and FHM.

Is catching and removing to correct the ratio while the pond is so new (9 months) a good idea?

Thanks
I don't think you have to worry about it for a "balanced" pond. If you wanted to so something special, then one sex or the other would be recommended.

Like grow the biggest BG you can, then leave the Males and take out as many females as you can. But the LMB would suffer for it.

Female LMB grow bigger than Males, so if you wanted to concentrate on growing Trophy LMB, then skew the ratio to females.
Esshup,
Thanks for the thoughts, I am trying for a balanced pond, I do not plan to grow trophy bass for a few years as I am not there 24/7. I really want to have a pond that mother nature controls and adjusts as needed. Once I get closer to retirement, the game will change and I will be trying for trophy bass, but for now, better balance is the name of the game.

On a side note, I did order a YSI ODO, thanks for that rec as well. I plan on adding aeration early next year. I did talk to Sue and I plan on using their parts if not their system. I want a little different flow patter because of my topography.

Again, thanks for all the help.
No problem. Which YSI did you order?
Pro ODO with 20 meter cable
© Pond Boss Forum