Pond Boss
Posted By: Nebraska Chad Best Form? - 02/17/08 04:47 PM
Is there a standard or "best" form that PB recommends for recording fish species, weight, etc. when sampling a pond? Is it available in a printable pdf?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Best Form? - 02/17/08 05:42 PM
NChad, I use a spreadsheet in Excel - that way every time I have a better (or different) idea on what/how to record, or add another species of fish, I can just slap in some new columns.

If you are interested in seeing how I have it set up, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you a copy. It's not elegant, but it works.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Best Form? - 02/17/08 07:02 PM
How's this for nutty?

http://www.bizfunctional.com/wipers/archives/sunshine%20II.htm
Posted By: OK 12 Acre Lake Re: Best Form? - 02/18/08 12:29 AM
I have created a spreadsheet that will also calculate standard weight and % of standard weight. It will also keep track of the weight of bass and crappie removed and catch rate. Send me an PM with you email and I will pass it along. I plan to use it this year for keeping track of fish caught this year.
Posted By: Nebraska Chad Re: Best Form? - 02/24/08 03:43 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Theo and 12 Acre. Both sent me great excel files they use for tracking fishy stuff.

I used aspects from each and compiled a spreadsheet that works best for my purposes.

Thanks guys... I'll let you know how things look come open water. \:\)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Best Form? - 02/24/08 04:08 PM
 Originally Posted By: Nebraska Chad
I used aspects from each and compiled a spreadsheet that works best for my purposes.

That's the way to do it.

You're welcome, btw.
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: Best Form? - 02/24/08 05:35 PM
What?

Spreadsheets??

Mathematical calculations being performed in a organized spreadsheet format???

Please send me the excel files. Please, please, grovel, grovel, please, grovel.
Posted By: Nebraska Chad Re: Best Form? - 02/24/08 05:52 PM
I would be more than happy to send on my modified versions, but I'd need the go ahead from Theo and/or 12 Acre as the intellectual property still belongs to them.

I think if several PB members made modifications/improvements to a spreadsheet, we may be able to design a great starting template for anyone to use. Do the mods have the ability to attach documents in threads? Would this be of value?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Best Form? - 02/24/08 06:27 PM
I think if one stuck a spreadsheet (or other file) in on-line storage (like I do photos with geocities), one could link to it. I haven't ever tried it, though.

JHAP, I will E-Mail you a copy of mine when I am on the proper 'puter. NChad, it is OK with me if you send Jeff (or anyone else) something based on my spreadsheet.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Best Form? - 02/24/08 11:46 PM
Chad, don't sweat it. Nothing Theo has is truly intellectual propitty.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Best Form? - 02/25/08 09:33 PM
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
... Nothing Theo has is truly intellectual propitty.

...this wouldn't include the plans he gave me for the portable magnetic resonance ice thickness meter....would it?
Posted By: OK 12 Acre Lake Re: Best Form? - 02/26/08 01:56 AM
Nebraska, forward away. Fill free to pass my spreadsheet to anyone how would like it.

It would be nice to be able to post excel files. If anyone can figure it out.

Link to a different thread on forms
© Pond Boss Forum