Pond Boss
Posted By: Brad346 The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 04:50 AM
The fish farm finally managed to make a trip to western Colorado.

We stocked my irrigation reservoir with 30 CC, 50 6 inch plus BC, 50 small BC, and about 20, 6 to 8 inch YP. It has lots of FHM and crawfish. I’ve tried trout and bluegill and catfish before. The cats are the only thing that lived very long. I’m trying something new.

Added 30 CC to my bass pond. They don’t seem to spawn in there, so just keeping it up.

The main event was my new pond. It is already overloaded with FHM, and a few GSF have shown up.

The goal for this stocking is to get the panfish established. I’ll think about predators after that happens.

I added 80, 6 to 8 inch YP, 100 small YP, 350 BG, and 30 CC. I’m really looking forward to seeing how things develop.

I’ll add predators in a year or 2, depending on how they do.
Posted By: Snipe Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 05:32 AM
Glad to hear he made it!!
Posted By: Vortex 4 Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 12:15 PM
Sure looks pretty up there!
Posted By: 4CornersPuddle Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 12:37 PM
Good pics, Brad. Congratulations on your progress. Those crappie look especially pretty, don't they?

Who's the supplier and his location? We have difficulty getting fish other than trout, BG, LMB, and GC down in this corner of the state.

What's your water temp? Mine dropped from the upper 60s to lower 50s this week. After this cold front that's moving through, I expect to see even colder water. Trout are still feeding vigorously, but the warm water fish have nearly shut down.
Posted By: Flame Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 01:05 PM
Congratulations Brad and must I say what a beautiful, beautiful place!!
Posted By: Brad346 Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 01:45 PM
Originally Posted By: 4CornersPuddle
Good pics, Brad. Congratulations on your progress. Those crappie look especially pretty, don't they?

Who's the supplier and his location? We have difficulty getting fish other than trout, BG, LMB, and GC down in this corner of the state.

What's your water temp? Mine dropped from the upper 60s to lower 50s this week. After this cold front that's moving through, I expect to see even colder water. Trout are still feeding vigorously, but the warm water fish have nearly shut down.

Beaver’s Fish Farm out of Longmont. It took several of us to put together a load to make it worth the trip. The fish, especially the perch and crappie, look great.

The water temp was about 56 when we stocked on Wednesday. I’m sure it has dipped some since then.
Posted By: 4CornersPuddle Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 02:17 PM
I've been on Beaver's Fish Farm website several times. They do look like a quality operation.

I have a friend who lives there in Longtucky. (If you've been to Longmont, you'll get the drift)

Long drive from here. You were fortunate to have other pond owners to consolidate an order.
Posted By: RStringer Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 02:23 PM
That's always a sweet feeling when the fish truck rolls in. Looks like you have a beautiful location also.
Posted By: N.TexasHalfAcre Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 03:54 PM
Man, I wouldn’t ever be able to leave a pond that looked like that!
Posted By: RStringer Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 04:50 PM
Have to say I'm jealous of your clear water also.iv been raised in kansas my whole life and dont ever remember being able to see the bottom of a pond. Mayb around the edge a few out but that's it. Congrats on the whole shebang. Looks like a wonderful place for a small cabin very peaceful.
Posted By: Snipe Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/11/19 10:03 PM
Now that it's out in the open.. laugh This is who I work with on YP.
If you get the chance, give Rod a call. He's a very interesting guy.
I'm going to be helping him maximize his WAE egg production next spring so if he's short on Walleye, you'll know who to blame..
Posted By: Brad346 Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/12/19 05:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Snipe
Now that it's out in the open.. laugh This is who I work with on YP.
If you get the chance, give Rod a call. He's a very interesting guy.
I'm going to be helping him maximize his WAE egg production next spring so if he's short on Walleye, you'll know who to blame..

Rod knows his fish, and has great ones, but he is busy. Took him
a while to get here, but he made it.
Posted By: Brad346 Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/12/19 05:37 AM
Thanks for all the compliments. I find myself back there just checking things out, way
More than they need to be. The new pond was a lot of work, but my son is finally getting into fishing. Worth every minute.
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: The stock truck finally made it! - 10/12/19 10:32 AM
Fish days are always fun. A stunning view for sure.
© Pond Boss Forum