Pond Boss
Posted By: KSBASS Smallmouth Bass Growth Exciting! - 07/08/14 12:47 PM
I recently stocked 40 SMB early this spring in April they were all around 4" long I caught one last nite with my daughter and it measured 9" they have only been in my pond 3 months and they are not pellet trained but had tons of FHM and GSH stocked the pond was loaded. My question is am I on track with growth without the use of pellets?
Posted By: KSBASS Re: Smallmouth Bass Growth Exciting! - 07/08/14 07:18 PM
Anyone have any information on growth for a not pellet trained SMB and a pellet trained SMB. My bass have grown well i think I just don't know what to compare it to. Help please
Posted By: RC51 Re: Smallmouth Bass Growth Exciting! - 07/08/14 08:18 PM
KSBASS I don't have that for you but from what I have found it looks like your right on track growth wise maybe a bit ahead. A chart I found shows SMB to be just over 9 inches at the start of the 2nd year mark. So at the 1+ mark they show to be anywhere from 6 to 8.5 inches. Not really sure how old you SMB is but it looks like it is ahead of the curb!!

RC
Posted By: JChanse Re: Smallmouth Bass Growth Exciting! - 04/09/21 03:37 PM
KBASS - how are your SMB 6 years later size and YOY recruitment? I am starting a similar pond and adding FMH and bait fish this spring.
© Pond Boss Forum