Pond Boss
Posted By: Todd3138 Teehjaeh's Bullfrogs - 12/29/12 03:40 AM
So while working on our pavilion a few weeks ago, a tape measure bounced down the roof and landed in the pond. As we were searching for it, we noticed two frog heads sticking out from under a big leaf on the bottom. Turns out they belonged to two healthy bullfrogs.

Here is the bigger of the two attacking my buddy Ed who is helping build the pavilion:

Turns out after being exposed to the cold air, he shrunk down a bit, but he's still a nice sized frog:

These guys came from tadpoles that TJ sent along with Rainman three years ago when I bought a bunch of RES, BG, and some GC. Rainmain had made a stop at TJ's place in NE and had a bunch of bullfrog tadpoles in his tanks. I got a nice bunch of them and they apparently did not all end up as forage. Pretty cool find, I thought.
Posted By: esshup Re: Teehjaeh's Bullfrogs - 12/29/12 03:42 AM
Mmmmmmmmm............... Froglegs!
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Teehjaeh's Bullfrogs - 12/29/12 07:16 AM
I'd say that's older than 3 yrs takes 2+ to go from tadpole to frog.. I slayed prolly 50-75 BF's this year which reminds me I got plenty of bags I need to fry..
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Teehjaeh's Bullfrogs - 12/29/12 04:24 PM
Good point. I just don't recall hearing bullfrogs prior to this, but we must have had some. Still, I'm giving credit to my boy from Nebraska!
© Pond Boss Forum