Pond Boss
Posted By: Abaggs Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/15/23 01:49 PM
Hey guys does anyone have a chart or record of Teaxas Hunter feeder rates, specifcally Aquamax500, 600, and sportfish MVP? Meaning how many lbs/sec spin???
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/15/23 03:12 PM
If there is, I don't have one. That will all depend on how far the spin plate is down from the opening in the hopper. more gap = more food per second.
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/15/23 08:14 PM
Hold a bag over discharge and catch it and weigh it…. Each feeder throws different like E says
Posted By: anthropic Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/15/23 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Abaggs
Hey guys does anyone have a chart or record of Teaxas Hunter feeder rates, specifcally Aquamax500, 600, and sportfish MVP? Meaning how many lbs/sec spin???

Years ago, seems like the factory preset was around 8 to 10 seconds for one lb of feed of MVP. Nowadays, varies far more, some much faster, some much slower. Not sure why, frustrating at times.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/16/23 12:56 AM
Assure that your pellets aren’t too big for the spinner plate. If so, it will stop/clog and burn up the motor.

Learned that the hard way.
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/16/23 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
Assure that your pellets aren’t too big for the spinner plate. If so, it will stop/clog and burn up the motor.

Learned that the hard way.

That's the good thing about the TH feeders. They are easily adjustable. If I switch feed sizes, I do a test throw to see if the rate seems to be the same, If not I will adjust the spin plate up or down. I throw more feed if I mix Optimal BG and LMB together than straight LMB for a given time.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/16/23 03:37 AM
So when I want to broadcast slightly larger pellets, such as the LMB feed, how to adjust the spin plate, up or down? Or are standard feeders simply not equipped to handle such feed?
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Rates - 05/16/23 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by anthropic
So when I want to broadcast slightly larger pellets, such as the LMB feed, how to adjust the spin plate, up or down? Or are standard feeders simply not equipped to handle such feed?

I have Optimal LMB feed in my feeder now. (not the Hand Throw) and I have my spin plate adjusted so none of the pellets get jammed between the bottom of the hopper and the spin plate. (approximately 3/8" gap or a hair less) If I am throwing Optimal Bluegill I will adjust the gap so that it's roughly 5/16". If I am throwing a mixture of LMB and BG pellets, I leave the gap at 3.8" but drop the feed time per event down a second or two from what I'd have it set if I was throwing straight LMB feed. BUT that time is for my fish in my pond, other ponds will be different depending on how the fish respond to the feed.

The feeders come from the factory set at approximately 5/16" gap.
© Pond Boss Forum