Pond Boss
Just introducing myself. Brian Willis, From NW La. I bought 80 Ac of cutover in 1996. It sits down in a hollow with a massive creek thru the middle, draining into Cypress Lake less than a mile away. I dammed up two smaller tributaries to make a 4 ac pond in front of my newly built house in 2000. More recently, I bit the bullet and dammed up the main creek, which was otherwise unusable creek bottom, adding another 10 acres underwater. A dearth is water is never my problem, more often it’s water over the road to the house, leading me to have to shed my shoes and pants to walk back to the house.
My pond is mostly for light fishing, kayaking, watching hawks and bald eagles, and providing nesting sites for wood ducks. I used to swim in the pond while training for triathlons.
My “big thing” now is planting cypress trees in the shallower water, at a depth of 2 to 4 feet. I’ve been working on this project for many years and will share the techniques and results of my little “experiment” in a future post. Trying, I guess, to turn my pond into a mini-Lake Bistineau of sorts, minus the giant Salvinia.
Greetings, BTF.

I have 88 acres of Rush and Parcheesi in Central Ohio.
Theo, It took me a minute (or 5), but I see what you did there...lol

Welcome to the club BTF. You place sounds great, except for the occasional de-panted jaunt to the house. My place does that on a small scale, but it's rubber boots from the shop to the house.

I would be interested in how you plant cypress in that deep of water, so bring it on.
Welcome to PB!
I live close to Benton, though my pond is in east Texas. Nice town!

Cypress trees drink a lot of water, but in your situation that won't be a problem. What kind of emergency spillway do you have?

And welcome to Pond Boss, you'll find lots of helpful people here.
"Theo, It took me a minute (or 5), but I see what you did there...lol"

I still have no idea what he did there...
Originally Posted by Sunil
"Theo, It took me a minute (or 5), but I see what you did there...lol"

I still have no idea what he did there...

Nirvana (rock band), Trouble (board game)...Rush (rock band) and Parcheesi (board game).

Some minds (Theo's) just work on the outer extremes of the bell curve. Thanks goodness for that...adds a bit of spice to the world. I had to search for Parcheesi Ohio before I realized I was wasting my time. TOO FUNNY!
Originally Posted by Quarter Acre
I had to search for Parcheesi Ohio before I realized I was wasting my time.
It's in Perry County, most of which remains unmapped.
I got the rock band thing but didn't connect the "Trouble."

Now, Parcheesi is a total dork game, so that does fit...
© Pond Boss Forum