Pond Boss
Posted By: HuntinDawg New from Ohio - 05/23/21 01:02 PM
Hello, I have a (1 surface acre/15’ deep at the center bowl) small farm pond in Northeast Ohio. It was built around 1965 according to the local “historians” and I’ve owned the farm since 1994. It has always been a great “catching” hole for kids with tons of average BG, foot long LMB, and some monster CC. My goal is to, after all of these years, put a real effort into maintaining the pond. I installed a diffusion block aeration in the late 90s; use blue/yellow pond dye in the spring and mid summer; and copper sulphate granules at times when the FA/SAV starts to take over in the shallow perimeter. I don’t see my grass carp anymore so I’ll drop in another eight foot long at the beginning of June. My end goals are: better maintenance, bigger fish, clean enough water for recreational swimming, and limiting chemical applications to the best of my ability!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: New from Ohio - 05/23/21 03:41 PM
Welcome aboard.

I see you're fairly near Salem - we had the pleasure of having the Quakers beat our football team with a time-expiring field goal in the playoffs a few years ago. frown
Posted By: HuntinDawg Re: New from Ohio - 05/23/21 03:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I actually work in Salem but growing up, I attended school at their rival! It’s no fun to lose to a pacifist mascot on an oatmeal box! Lol
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: New from Ohio - 05/23/21 05:15 PM
Welcome Dawg
Posted By: RStringer Re: New from Ohio - 05/23/21 06:58 PM
Welcome to the club
© Pond Boss Forum