Pond Boss
Posted By: Lon M New member, first time pond owner - 04/16/21 05:43 PM
We're in the process of purchasing a 19th century farmhouse on about 1.4 acres in northern NJ. The property has an old hand-dug well, what I'm pretty sure is a small comparatively recently electrified pump house, and a tiny rectangular pond, less than 400 square feet, all next to each other. I'm here to educate myself about what we're about to own and how to take care of it.

-- Lon M
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: New member, first time pond owner - 04/16/21 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forum, do lots of reading on here and ask lots of questions
Posted By: FishinRod Re: New member, first time pond owner - 04/16/21 07:41 PM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to Pond Boss.

Hopefully your new property is in the "Garden State" portion of New Jersey! grin
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: New member, first time pond owner - 04/16/21 11:09 PM
Welcome Lon
Posted By: Lon M Re: New member, first time pond owner - 04/17/21 01:25 AM
Most of NJ is either bedroom communities or semi-rural. We currently live a bit less of than 30 miles from my place of work in NYC; where we’ll be moving (the place with the pond) is a bit more than 40 miles. Both locations have farms within 10 minutes, more or less. The ugly industrial parts of NJ are actually quite small.
Posted By: FishinRod Re: New member, first time pond owner - 04/17/21 03:52 AM
I did some geological field work in the 80's out by High Point State Park over to the Delaware Water Gap. I liked that area, and it is not too far away from your neck of the woods!
© Pond Boss Forum