Pond Boss
Posted By: Justgofishin New Member in East Texas - 12/14/20 03:15 PM
Greetings All,

We just purchased 12 acres outside Kilgore, TX and I am looking for a reputable pond builder in the area,. I have done some research, but I have not gotten a warm fuzzy from anything that I have found yet. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: New Member in East Texas - 12/14/20 03:54 PM
You want the BEST pond builder in Texas contact Mike Otto of Otto's Dirt Service 1-800-882-3478. mikeotto@ottodirtservice.com
Plus he is near you too. He will check the quality of the soil and elevation grade for a pond. He even has a book titled "Just Add Water" of how to design and build ponds.
https://www.pondboss.com/store?c=8

Selecting a low cost pond builder that results in a leaky pond will not only cause anguish and stress but it can cost more to finally fix the leak that the original cost to build the pond. YOU BUILD A POND NOT JUST DIG A HOLE. Many, many posts on this forum are asking about fixing leaky ponds. Do it right the first time and you will not regret it.
Posted By: anthropic Re: New Member in East Texas - 12/14/20 11:56 PM
Mike Otto is a class act and will do a good job for you. If he isn't available -- he stays busy -- you could try the gentleman who built my pond, Mike Smelley. Mike Smelley did fine work & my dam has held up well. Not the cheapest, but competent & honest.
Posted By: Zep Re: New Member in East Texas - 12/16/20 01:24 AM
Welcome.....Kilgore the home of Skeeter Boats at 1 Skeeter Road

The best boat I ever owned was a 1981 Skeeter Hawk and we toured the factory.
Posted By: Justgofishin Re: New Member in East Texas - 01/08/21 08:45 PM
Thanks for the info. I will give Mike Otto a ring. And yes I want a viable pond for years to come. Do it right the first time, and enjoy it for a long time.
Posted By: Flame Re: New Member in East Texas - 01/09/21 01:01 PM
Welcome from deep east Texas Sabine county!! I just was in Kilgore 2 weeks ago touring the oil museum! It was great. Lot of history in your town.
© Pond Boss Forum