Pond Boss
Posted By: JoeinSpartanburg Hello from Spartanburg - 05/14/20 05:44 AM
Hi everyone! I'm excited to join this forum to learn from all of you. My wife and I built a home in Spartanburg, SC on a 2.2 acre pond that is stocked with LMB and BG. My goal is to create a pond where catching 3-5 lb bass is the norm instead of the current 1 - 1.5lbs. We have a feeder that goes off twice a day, and the BG love it. We are having the pond soil tested to determine Ph and see if we need to Lyme the pond.

Some goals for this year include: purchase and install aerator with at least 2 diffusers, do a much better job harvesting both BG and LMB, and learning how to be more patient while teaching my 5.5 and 4 year old how to fish. Lol. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears!
Posted By: anthropic Re: Hello from Spartanburg - 05/14/20 05:49 AM
Electrosurvey of your fish population would be a good idea. But if you don't want to spend that kind of money, sounds like you already have a pretty good idea that you have too many LMB for them all to grow properly. You might try working on harvesting as many LMB as possible, while easing up on BG pressure.

Is the pond pretty open, or does it have a lot of weeds & cover? My place had issues the first couple of years because there were few places for young of year BG to survive to a size where they could feed the bass.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Hello from Spartanburg - 05/17/20 11:50 AM
Welcome Joe.
© Pond Boss Forum