Pond Boss
Posted By: smcmains New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 12:53 AM
Just came across this site, love it. We purchased 7.2 acres in December with a 2.5 acre strip pit. Have not had much time to enjoy it yet but we cant wait for it to warm up.

Attached picture 4.jpg
Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 3.jpg
Attached picture 5.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Welcome. That's a really nice looking place . Do you have any idea as to what types of fish are in there?
Posted By: RAH Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 10:15 AM
Very nice and welcome to another Hoosier!
Posted By: smcmains Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 11:06 AM
Thanks, previous owner says there are good size bass, catfish, bluegill and huge crappie. He has owned it for about 30 years and was involved in stocking it right after it was reclaimed from the mining company. Supposed to be 40' deep on one end, the shallow end looks to be 8-10' deep, its about 150' wide and 650' long. I have yet to do any real fishing so we will see...
Posted By: RStringer Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 11:18 AM
Welcome to the club. Looks like a beautiful and relaxing place. Do you live in Brazil or Indiana? 40' deep makes me wonder what some of the catfish down there look like.
Posted By: RAH Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 01:18 PM
I thought it was town of Brazil, Indiana rather than the country based on the thread title.
Posted By: RStringer Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 02:02 PM
I'm not sure. When you click on the the location it comes up the country.
Posted By: smcmains Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 03/12/20 03:46 PM
I updated my location and added Indiana...sorry its not Brazil South America...haha
That explains the presence of snow and the absence of supermodels in your pond pictures.
Posted By: CT Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 05/29/20 05:36 PM
You guys from Indiana know any property rules? My 4 acer pond has a 10' section of bank my neighbor could call his....Can he fish my lake?.....
Posted By: nehunter Re: New member and Pond owner from Indiana - 05/29/20 06:19 PM
Your state maybe different but NE he could fish and or put a dock up and use a boat. If I am wrong please let me know?
© Pond Boss Forum