Pond Boss
Posted By: Chimui Cost to build a 1acre pond in Seguin, TX - 04/28/19 02:48 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Chi, I am from Seguin, Texas, my English is not very good. I know nothing about pond but want to have a pond, while I googled build a pond, I found pond boss. We got 40 acres raw land and my dream or wishlist is to build 1 acre pond roughly 18'-20' deep for swimming, fishing, attract wildlife and garden irrigation, i don't have well on the land. Can anyone suggest advice how much it will cost? Can it be diy project? Thank you in advance for all suggestions and advices.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Cost to build a 1acre pond in Seguin, TX - 04/28/19 11:19 AM
Hi Chi,

Welcome to Pond Boss Forum!

The cost of building a pond can vary a lot. As to whether you can DIY depends on your personal skill and equipment you have available. I suggest you buy Mike Otto's book, "Just Add Water," as a good place to start. It will explain all that is involved in building a pond. Here is a link to where you can purchase the book.

https://www.pondboss.com/item.asp?id=163&r=store%3Fc%3D8

Good Luck and, again, welcome to PBF!

Bill D.
Agree with Bill. Buy the book.

A couple of things to consider are soil types and runoff amounts. Average rainfall?
Posted By: BrianL Re: Cost to build a 1acre pond in Seguin, TX - 04/29/19 03:17 PM
Ballpark number $12-20,000 depending on your place and terrain. 12-15' deep is plenty deep.
I'll sell my book if anyone wants it smile. Haven't looked through it yet.
© Pond Boss Forum