Pond Boss
Posted By: Pinch Always eager to learn - 07/07/15 02:10 AM
Enjoyed PondBossVi, and am now back trying to implement. Have 8 acre pond in NELouisiana. Limed in the fall and have had trouble getting a bloom after 12 25# bags of 12-48-8 water soluable fertiilizer( at 2 week intervals). Water clarity finally less than 2.5 ft. Question? Have caught very few LMB since fertilizing. Is this normal? Also added 10,000 threadfins recently. Are these two events related to the low catch rate? Thanks
Posted By: liquidsquid Re: Always eager to learn - 07/07/15 02:22 AM
Stomachs full? Tasty new food keeping the bass occupied? Hard to say.
Posted By: fishm_n Re: Always eager to learn - 07/07/15 06:00 AM
Plus the reduced visibility. I have a local lake that once the bloom comes I don't even bother fishing it again till top water bats start working good which is usually august up this high.

The fish should bite if you can find their secret
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Always eager to learn - 07/07/15 09:42 AM
Your clarity is OK. How is the alkilinity?

No idea about the bass. I've spent a lot of my life wondering about why bass don't bite.
Posted By: Pinch Re: Always eager to learn - 07/07/15 11:36 AM
Thanks, will do another water sample and continue to catch Redears an BG till the bass pik up
Posted By: Pinch Re: Always eager to learn - 07/13/15 02:52 AM
Canyou recommend a simple water testing kit that eliminates the need to mail off water samples to test PH, Alkalinity, hardness, etc.?
Posted By: esshup Re: Always eager to learn - 07/13/15 03:27 AM
I don't know of a single kit, but you could visit a busy aquarium pet shop and buy everything that you need.

But, I don't know of any kits that test for total phosphorous and Ortho P.
© Pond Boss Forum