Pond Boss
Posted By: LarryBud Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 12:21 AM
I had another thread going where I stocked 250 1-3" BG in what I believe to be an empty 1 acre pond. The plan is to add 4" LMB in the spring. It was suggested to add a few adult BG to get the ealy spawn ging next spring.

I bucket stocked 14 fish. As I look closer, I fear I added GSF. Please take a look to confirm my ID. What now? I could try to catch some of them.

Attached picture IMG_2147.PNG
Attached picture IMG_2146.PNG
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 01:44 AM
This came up along time at a local PB group meeting that Lusk and Otto attended.
Lusk said: What’s the big deal? It spawns annually at best.
And bluegills have a rolling spawn that lasts from early Spring until the water gets too cold for them.
The bluegills pretty well overwhelm them. They won’t hurt anything.
Posted By: esshup Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by LarryBud
I had another thread going where I stocked 250 1-3" BG in what I believe to be an empty 1 acre pond. The plan is to add 4" LMB in the spring. It was suggested to add a few adult BG to get the ealy spawn ging next spring.

I bucket stocked 14 fish. As I look closer, I fear I added GSF. Please take a look to confirm my ID. What now? I could try to catch some of them.

The pictures aren't showing up for me. Go to the archives, there are pictures of all the sunfish in there.
Posted By: LarryBud Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 01:50 PM
How about now? Can you see them? GSF?

Attached picture Screenshot 2022-11-28 7.48.23 AM.png
Attached picture Screenshot 2022-11-28 7.48.59 AM.png
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 04:10 PM
Again - no pictures showing up. There is a problem with the Forum software for showing pictures. Try this- find your picture where you have it on a server. It is called a Linked Image. Then copy and past a link to it. This might work.
Posted By: esshup Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 07:15 PM
Here are some pictures that I put up on a server - I use Imgur.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/28/22 08:49 PM
LarryBud - See your private messages.
Posted By: ewest Re: Green Sunfish? - 11/29/22 08:20 PM
No pics. See this link to the archives - Sunfish

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92482#Post92482
© Pond Boss Forum