Pond Boss
Posted By: Hollywood Brookie pics - 04/26/16 04:58 PM
A couple pics from the other day. A few are about 16" now...

Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Brookie pics - 04/26/16 05:06 PM
Beautiful, nice work!
Posted By: Hollywood Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 02:16 AM
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Beautiful, nice work!

Thank you!
Nice to see them growing and happy after all the mental gymnastics every pond owner seems to go through prior to getting it established. I appreciate all the guidance I've gotten through here.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 03:03 AM
Beautiful fish! I love rearing brookies. Looks like you have exceptional water quality too!
Posted By: Hollywood Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 11:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Beautiful fish! I love rearing brookies. Looks like you have exceptional water quality too!

Thanks Cecil, yes the supply runs through hundreds of little waterfalls before getting to the pond. Love sitting on the deck I built last summer to watch the show. Was thinking of trying to put fertilized eggs in a box at the inlet and trying to cage some fry here somehow. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Back a couple years...

Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 01:23 PM
Do they have access to your inlet? If they can find moving water and gravel bottom you may not need to do anything.
Posted By: Hollywood Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 03:03 PM
Do they have access to your inlet? If they can find moving water and gravel bottom you may not need to do anything.

Yes, I could add suitable gravel to the current at the head of this. Could add a mesh barrier in early spring if necessary to prevent predation of the fry to some extent if that makes sense to do? I figured the adults might clean out any that hatch without it? I like the idea of not doing anything. It's a specialty of mine... I'm pretty gifted in it actually...
Posted By: DonoBBD Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 03:09 PM
Hollywood that is one heck of a hole! Wow.
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Brookie pics - 04/27/16 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Hollywood

Yes, I could add suitable gravel to the current at the head of this. Could add a mesh barrier in early spring if necessary to prevent predation of the fry to some extent if that makes sense to do? I figured the adults might clean out any that hatch without it? I like the idea of not doing anything. It's a specialty of mine... I'm pretty gifted in it actually...

Me too. I'm also adept at procrastination. grin
Posted By: Gambusia Re: Brookie pics - 05/30/16 05:13 PM
Love the brookies.
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Brookie pics - 05/30/16 06:44 PM
very nice!
© Pond Boss Forum