Pond Boss
Posted By: Uncle E Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/28/14 05:32 PM
I stopped by the local Southern States in Strasburg, VA (right off I-81 exit 298) to see if they carried Aquamaxx Feed. They didn't, but I did notice that the Fish Wagon was going to be there Saturday March 29 from 10-12 if anybody needs them.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/28/14 05:40 PM
Beware Ye Olde Fish Truck! Be sure you hand sort any fish and verify species ID. They love selling CNBG in Nebraska destined to perish and BG/BH can accompany their FHM - you know, as a bonus to say "thank you" to their customers I guess.
Posted By: Uncle E Re: Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/28/14 05:55 PM
I was just passing information along! CBJS and I haven't decided on my stocking plan yet. I just thought I would mention it in case somebody else needed something. Thanks for the heads up! I am a newbie to ponds and I value everybody's options!
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/28/14 06:06 PM
Those out-of-state fish trucks are on the road for several days and the fish get stressed more and more each day that they are crowded and packed in those boxes on the truck. It is like buying goods from the back of some guys trunk. Buyer beware sure applies in these instances. Also if you get fish that die later who do you contact?
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/28/14 07:25 PM
Also, not all fish trucks are from out-of-state....at least not here. I know of one operation that runs regular routes in state, and while I can't speak for every species that they carry onboard, I do know that at least some of what are on the truck are raised at their own facility, right here in Indiana.
Posted By: esshup Re: Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/28/14 07:43 PM
Once I needed some FHM asap. Fish truck was scheduled to hit the stores locally that week, so I decided to hit one. Paid for 10# of FHM, received 7 1/2#. There were 3 bags sitting on the edge of the truck when I got out of the cab after paying. I asked the guy if all 4 were mine (there was a line of people) and he said no, only 3. I also didn't see a scale being used to weigh the fish. Lesson learned. Out of state truck.........
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Fish Wagon coming to NW Virginia - 03/29/14 01:32 AM
Buyer beware and informed.
© Pond Boss Forum