Pond Boss
Just wanted to share my excitement that, in her mid 20s, my daughter has shown some interest in deer hunting. She seems mostly motivated by the prospect of "free" meat. I am pumped about the possibility of hunting this fall with one of my kids! Even cooler, is that she wants to bow hunt! Life is good! BTW, my daughter rarely is interested in anything that she does not turn out out to be very good at. Very proud in my girl!!!
Mine also loves bow hunting deer and helps with all phases of prep work
My youngest daughter recently said the same thing about turkey hunting when she saw Dad and her favorite uncle heading out at the end of spring turkey season.

I told her that we needed to go practice with the shotgun and the deer rifle, and then go turkey or deer hunting. She gave a smiling approval to that plan!
Originally Posted by RAH
Just wanted to share my excitement that, in her mid 20s, my daughter has shown some interest in deer hunting. She seems mostly motivated by the prospect of "free" meat. I am pumped about the possibility of hunting this fall with one of my kids! Even cooler, is that she wants to bow hunt! Life is good! BTW, my daughter rarely is interested in anything that she does not turn out out to be very good at. Very proud in my girl!!!

Congrats! So great when we can get our kids interested in the great outdoors. Particularly daughters! You must have prepared some good venison meals.
My wife has generally taken over after the kill. She is probably more to thank for my daughter's interest. My wife has begun to leave the field dressing to me in the last few years...
My wife doesn’t hunt, my daughter and daughter in law won’t hunt, and my four granddaughters won’t hunt.
Luckily one of two grandsons and my son in law love to hunt. Otherwise, I’d be the last hunter in the family.
Both my brothers have quit, but I’ve sent them pics, and deer sausage, one may start up.
I’d love it if my daughter wanted to hunt. You’re a lucky guy!
I am the first one in my family to hunt, but it would be great if my daughter catches the bug.
My daughter also quite a good fisherman. When we lived near the coast she would go offshore fishing with me and the wife .
My wife expresses an interest in hunting but the woods are way too far away from the mall to make it happen, I think if Macys had deer she would pop one but waiting in the woods for one with no clothes racks to look thru probably wont happen soon. both my stepson and son-in-law hunt along with the grandson so we do have a good bit of fun in the woods around hunting time and of course its more then a week in the woods, something to do to prep for a better hunting season all yr it seems like. Sure is great that your daughter shows an interest in it!
Rah, congratulations. I’m over daughtered and grand daughtered. Only one Granddaughter has wanted to hunt. We went the weekend prior to her leaving to go to Navy boot camp. She says that when her hitch is up she wants to try again.

Right now, she is busy seeing the world.
Originally Posted by gehajake
My wife expresses an interest in hunting but the woods are way too far away from the mall to make it happen, I think if Macys had deer she would pop one but waiting in the woods for one with no clothes racks to look thru probably wont happen soon.

Take your wife bow hunting at Cabela's!

They have clothing racks AND the trophy deer I see at the store stand very still. grin
Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by gehajake
My wife expresses an interest in hunting but the woods are way too far away from the mall to make it happen, I think if Macys had deer she would pop one but waiting in the woods for one with no clothes racks to look thru probably wont happen soon.

Take your wife bow hunting at Cabela's!

They have clothing racks AND the trophy deer I see at the store stand very still. grin
She costs me money when I take her to a place like that,, ahh who am I kidding,, I cost me money when I go in a place like that.
Jake, take a look at Cabelas. About 50% clothing.
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
Jake, take a look at Cabelas. About 50% clothing.

Dave D,, my wife has got me stocked up with more clothes then I could wear the rest of my life already, but that wouldn't stop her from buying more if she could get them for 50% off.
My problem is I don't shop for clothes, it's fishing and hunting gear and a feller always better pick up a box or two of ammo if you go there,, cant never tell when there might be a shortage again. and that stuff has got outrageous lately. I gave 30 bucks for a box of 10ga 3 1/2" cormorant loads the other day
© Pond Boss Forum