Pond Boss
I'm not quite convinced I need to add more structure to my pond, after this year I think if I do add structure it would be to protect these fish as the water goes low.

For those of you with fairly wide changes in depth yearly, what do you do to help out the baitfish as it goes shallow?

Maintaining feeders during those times I think is part of the "must do" and I should be able to afford keeping 2-3 moulties going.

As a reminder, this is what my structure looks like when the lake is low:
https://imgur.com/gallery/p3MTPVu

Right now most of that is under water, and there is a lot of "grassy" plantlife around the banks.
One way (may not work for you) is to stage laydown brush piles at different depths. Use thick stuff like xmas trees laid on their side.
^^^ What he said.
That may be the winner, this christmas drive the truck around grabbing trees and just making piles.

I guess I'm just looking for a more complicated answer, cause thats how my brain works
You came up with the complicated answer. To make the answer simple just go to Lowes, Home Depot or Menards on Christmas Eve. Ask to speak to the garden center manager. Ask them if you can pick up their unsold Christmas trees the next day or 2 before they throw them out. Be prepared to haul quite a few. They will give them away for free.
Ooh I like that answer.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There were 3 trailer loads like this. The trees were on the trailer with the butt of the trees to the outside of the trailer, 2 rows wide. All from one store. So, basically count the butts of the trees on this side, x by 2 and then x that number by 3........

No tinsel to deal with, no ornament hooks, all I had to do was cut off the plastic price tags.
That looks like great structure. My only worry is moving tree diseases and pests around. We now have a lot of dead spruce on our place and across our area due to diseases and pests.
Originally Posted by RAH
That looks like great structure. My only worry is moving tree diseases and pests around. We now have a lot of dead spruce on our place and across our area due to diseases and pests.

Considering that the store is only 10 miles from my place, what diseases/pests would I be moving that haven't already been moved by them in the process of bringing the trees to the store?
© Pond Boss Forum