Pond Boss
Posted By: Deancutler How deep should the structure be? - 11/07/20 11:12 PM
I have a 5 acre pond that has a maximum depth of around 9'. I am currently in the process of adding structure and was wondering what depth I should be placing it. I am sinking stacks of pallets and also some of the half barrels with the tubing like in the pic I attached.

Dean

Attached picture 62413330820__2E227E82-D6F0-462D-9D24-789A6B5CAB6F-(1).JPG
Posted By: snrub Re: How deep should the structure be? - 11/08/20 03:01 AM
For all seasons from the bottom to the top. The deeper structure will mostly be used as refuge during winter or cooler months of the year. That is if you are doing it for the benefit of the fish.

If you are doing it to congregate fish for better angling success put it where you want to fish and at the depth appropriate for the time of year you want to fish and for the target species.

It is good to have some at all depths, keeping in mind during winter the fish will be where the warmest water is, near the bottom.
Posted By: JChanse Re: How deep should the structure be? - 03/21/21 11:47 PM
What kind of structure would you put in the deepest part? My pond is 9-11 feet in the deepest areas.

I have pallets, rocks, Christmas trees in the shallower areas for spawning.

Do you recommend wooden pallets in the center deep parts, or anything specific?

Thanks.
Posted By: esshup Re: How deep should the structure be? - 03/22/21 01:01 AM
A mixture of stuff. Small fish will need a place to hide during the winter, larger fish will need cover to relate to like they do in the open water season.
Posted By: ewest Re: How deep should the structure be? - 03/23/21 04:38 PM
See this from other thread.

See the structure archives for ideas and thoughts.

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92463
© Pond Boss Forum