Pond Boss
Posted By: chad baker Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/16/17 01:09 PM
I'm looking at buying artifical cover to help the forage fish in my ponds and comparing the different costs. It looks like I can buy many more units bulk from Fishiding at a cheaper per unit cost than moss back. My question is which one do fish prefer in your own experience?
Just wanting to hear what others think of these products?
Chad
Posted By: ewest Re: Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/16/17 04:53 PM
There are a number of products on the market. See the PB mag home page with advertisers. Suggest you see the structure archive and call the PB office.
Posted By: Bill D. Re: Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/17/17 12:39 AM
I use brush piles for refuge/habitat for my forage fish. Downside of that is it has to be replenished from time to time and it adds nutrients that FA just loves to utilize. I am not familiar with either product you mention but, if the goal is to provide refuge/habitat for the forage fish, IMO I would go with the one that simulates a brush pile, i.e. provides the most irregular spacing and most obstructed paths for the predators to maneuver thru.

Just my 1 cent
Posted By: Joshua Flowers Re: Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/18/17 02:30 PM
Every piece of artifiacal habitat has a place and purpose, they work well. As Bill mentioned that natural brush pile srequired placement every so often (3-5 years).
IMO i prefer a system that immulates a diverse habitat. Fishiding i have used in a few ponds and like it with a cube system.
Posted By: Bob-O Re: Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/18/17 09:24 PM
I placed a discarded Xmass tree under my pier 8 yrs ago. Right beside the pier is where I put the kids to fish. They catch everything there. I swim down and retrieve many hooks from that tree and it is still in fair shape.
Posted By: farmallsc Re: Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/18/17 11:53 PM
Attach a spark plug to the line when you get hung up. Most of the time, it will allow you to get unhooked
Posted By: Omaha Re: Fishiding vs Moss Back - 03/20/17 01:29 PM
I don't have any experience with Moss Back, but it looks great, and I've heard great things.

I do have experience working with Fishiding and David. Excellent people and a great product.
© Pond Boss Forum